Theory Lectures and SeminarsThe lectures are divided into five different knowledge areas presented in the course:
- Requirements (week 37)
- Planning and Processes (week 38)
- Design and Architecture (week 39)
- Testing and Software Configuration Management (week 40)
- Software Quality (week 41)
In each area, about three 45 minutes lectures are given to introduce fundamental concepts within the knowledge area. After the lectures in each area, the students can optionally solve an exercise relating to the area. Instructions and deadlines will soon be found on the exercise page.
The lectures summarize the most important aspects of software engineering principles. However, these lectures do not cover the whole course, so the student is expected to read the course literature throughly during the course. Conversely, there are also areas presented at the lectures that are not described in the course book or additional material.
Full sets of slides will be published on this page directly before a lecture is given.
In the lecture 2015-09-16 at 8:15 Kristian will start with some basic project management theory with a focus on risk management. Then at 9:15 we will get a guest lecture by Joakim Almbrandt, who is working as a project leader at Accenture. He will talk about experiences from larger projects and roles within different projects.
Similarly, on 2015-09-18 at 15:15 Kristian will give some theory about software life cycles and process frameworks. At 16:15 we will be visited by Edward Dahllöf from Valtech, who is working with product development with empirical process control and with rapid value creation . He will tell us about agile methods and practical experience.
Project LecturesLectures, seminars and meetings for the project part of TDDC88 are not listed below. To see the project schedule, go to the Project and Schedule page.
See the TimeEdit page for TDDC93 (=the theory part of TDDC88 and 725G64).
1. Course Introduction (45 min) [slides]
2. Roles in Software Engineering (45 min) [slides]
3. Requirements Engineering (2x45 min) [slides]
6. Software Architecture (2x45 min) [slides]
7. UML models: Object-orientation and Design Patterns (45 min) [slides]
8. UML models: Other diagrams (45 min) [slides]
9. Software Testing (2x45 min) [slides]
10. Configuration management (45 min) [slides]
11. Software Reviews (45 min) [slides]
12. Software Metrics (45 min) [slides]
13. Software Quality Management (2x45 min) [slides]
14. Summary (2x45 min) [slides] (2014)
The contents have not changed very much, so if you want to prepare you can always use the 2014 version of the slides.
Page responsible: Kristian Sandahl
Last updated: 2015-10-13