IntroductionOne of the mandatory parts of the course TDDC88 is a serie of laboratory exercises. The goal of these exercises is to give the student a fundamental understanding of tools useful in a larger software engineering project. Hence, the aim is to provide a fundament tool set, which enables the student to be more productive in the project part of the course.
Registration in lab groupsRegistrations for the exercises is done using webreg, which can be found HERE. Sign-up deadline is September 6. 2017. There are three assistants, Mahder Gebremedhin (groups A,B and D), Mina Niknafs (groups C and E) and Lu Li(groups F, G and H); you can choose any of the groups that fits your schedule. You do not need to come to all scheduled lab sessions for your group, you can do the labs on your own. You still need to demonstrate each lab as specified in the instruction.
It usually takes some time (around 24 hours) for user information to propagate from the central servers to the IDA systems, so if you registread late on a course or changed your password this could be the reason if you have problems logging in to the computers or webreg.
During scheduled time please sit in the lab room that is scheduled for the group you signed up to!
If you are registered for course 725G25 you should sign up for the labs using the web-reg link above.
PreparationsSome things to remember regarding the labs:
- The laboratory exercises are worth 2 hp/ECTS credits, which is equal to 60 man hours. However, only 24 hours per group is scheduled with a teacher, therefore you also need to be prepared to work on your own.
- Read the lab instruction before you do the lab! Also, before doing anything during the lab, read again and make sure you understand what you are supposed to do.
- If the exercises are not performed according to the instructions you may in some cases have to re-do the lab from start.
- Students should work in pairs of two if possible.
- Both students of a lab pair must be present when presenting the solutions to the lab assistant.
- Copying code between different groups is strictly forbidden and is considered to be cheating.
- Questions and answers about the computer system at IDA can be found here (only in Swedish).
- It is recommended that you use the lab computers,we can not give any support on other systems, but it is OK to try. You must still demonstrate your solutions at the lab occasions (on the lab computers or on your own laptop).
Lab 1 - Project Planning
Lab 2 - Unified Modeling Language (UML)
Lab 3 - Testing Do not forget that there are two parts, A and B!
Lab 4 - Software Configuration Management (SCM) (2016). Do not forget that there are two parts, A and B!
Lab 5 - SW metrics (2016)Do not forget that there are two parts, A and B!
Mahder Gebremedhin : email@example.com
Mina Niknafs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lu Li: email@example.com
Examination...The first month, until September 30., demonstration of labs to the teacher has to be done after 19:00. This is just to make sure that everybody gets their fair share of assistance to get started. If you plan to come to the labs just for demonstation, do that after 19:00.
Lab Schedule 2017DEADLINE for demonstration/submission of laboratory assignments is October 12. (last occasion).
Page responsible: Kristian Sandahl
Last updated: 2017-09-17