The individual report should be submitted two times during the project and the document should contain information that has been observed and reflected upon so far in the project.
Report structureThe report consists of two parts:
- Reflection report (max 1 A4 page)
- Detailed individual time report (unlimited number of pages)
Reflection reportThe reflection report shall be written individually and shall answer the following two questions:
- Which are the most important things that you personally have contributed with in the project? This can include both technical and social aspects. However, it is important that you motivate why it is important for the project. It is better to focus on few important aspects than to mention too many aspects.
- Which are the most important things that you learned so far? This can include what went well and what you should have done differently. Motivate, discuss, and argue.
Detailed individual time reportThe individual time report shall include the following information for each day that work has been performed in the project:
- Number of working hours (detail level in half hours, e.g. 3.5h)
- Description of the work.
The time report should be in a table or list format, where each row/line correspond to one working day.
Evaluation criteriaThe individual reflection report is one of the most important components that are basis for the individual project grade. When judging the reports, the following criteria are considered:
- The report is submitted before the deadline.
- That all instructions on this page are followed.
- That the reflection part does not exceed one page.
- That the descriptions of the time report is detailed enough to give clear understanding on what has been done in the project.
- That correct terminology is used according to the theory part of the course.
- Clear justifications are made for why the contributions are important for the project result so far.
- Clear justifications are made for why the lessons learned are important.
- That it is well written. It should have been thoroughly proof read.
- Each reflection report must be unique, i.e., no copy-and-paste between report number 1 and report number 2 are allowed.
- The time report shall only contain items that are included in the reflection period, i.e, report part I shall include the pre-study and iteration 1. Part II shall only contain work performed during iteration 2, 3, and the release.
- The report must be submitted as one attached pdf-file. That is, both the reflection report (1 page) and the time report (many pages) shall be combined into one pdf-file and then submitted to URKUND.
- It should be sent to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Urkund is a system that automatically checks the document for plagiarism. We will report all suspected plagiarism directly to the discipline committee.
- The subject field of the email must contain a text string of the format [cXrY], where X is the your company number and Y the report part number. For example, if you are submitting the document for the second part in December and you work in company number three, the subject of the email should be [c3r2]. Note that the square brackets  must be part of this string.
- The email must be sent from the author's LiU student email account, e.g. from a email@example.com.
- Part I (Pre-study and Iteration 1): Tuesday 30 October , 10.00 (10am)
- Part II (Iteration 2, 3, and release): Monday 3 December, 13.00 (1pm)
Page responsible: Kristian Sandahl
Last updated: 2012-10-27