The individual report should be submitted two times during the project and the document should contain information that has been observed and reflected upon so far in the project.
Report structureThe report consists of two parts:
- Reflection report (max 1 A4 page)
- Detailed individual time report (unlimited number of pages)
Reflection reportThe reflection report shall be written individually and shall answer the following two questions:
- Which are the most important things that you personally have contributed with in the project? This can include both technical and social aspects. However, it is important that you motivate why it is important for the project. It is better to focus on few important aspects than to mention too many aspects.
- Which are the most important things that you learned so far? This can include what went well and what you should have done differently. Motivate, discuss, and argue.
Before you write the discussion, meet in mini-groups of your closest co-workers (2-4 people).
At the meeting, select 1 positive and 1 negative experience, for each of these discuss the following questions:
- Is the situation of the experience complete? For instance, maybe your task was part of a larger task.
- Is the conclusion sensible? You might, for instance, have been too self-critical; maybe your part was not optimal but the entire team succeeded.
- Are there alternative ways in which you could have solved the task or interpreted the situation?
- Is the experience a symptom of a more general experience?
Note: "Negative experience" doesn't mean that you did something wrong, but that it could have been done a bit better when viewed in retrospect. If this meeting is early, you may still add more of your own experience to your individual report.
Company wide experience acquisition
At a company meeting: Brainstorm about good candidate items for the company experience report at VSSE. (hopefully you already have some candidates as output from the debriefing.)
Select items to present and discuss. Try to balance between:
- Process experience - Technical experience
- Positive experience - Negative experience
- Experience from the entire project
- Experience from the prespective of different roles
If you are more interested in experience build-up, consult section 4.3 of http://www2.glos.ac.uk/gdn/gibbs/index.htm
Detailed individual time reportThe individual time report shall include the following information for each day that work has been performed in the project:
- Number of working hours (detail level in half hours, e.g. 3.5h)
- Description of the work.
- Name of people you worked closely with, for instance, in pair programming.
The time report should be in a table or list format, where each row/line correspond to one working day.
Evaluation criteriaThe individual reflection report is one of the most important components that are basis for the individual project grade. When judging the reports, the following criteria are considered:
- The report is submitted before the deadline.
- That all instructions on this page are followed.
- That the reflection part does not exceed one page.
- That the descriptions of the time report is detailed enough to give clear understanding on what has been done in the project.
- That correct terminology is used according to the theory part of the course.
- Clear justifications are made for why the contributions are important for the project result so far.
- Clear justifications are made for why the lessons learned are important.
- That it is well written. It should have been thoroughly proof read.
- Each reflection report must be unique, i.e., no copy-and-paste between report number 1 and report number 2 are allowed.
- The time report shall only contain items that are included in the reflection period, i.e, report part I shall include the pre-study and iteration 1 and 2. Part II shall only contain work performed during iteration 3, 4, and the release.
- Will be decided later.
- Part I (Pre-study and Iteration 1, 2): Monday 7 November, 13.00
- Part II (Iteration 3, 4, and release): Thursday 8 December, 13.00
Page responsible: Kristian Sandahl
Last updated: 2016-08-29