TDDD23 Design and Programming of Computer Games (6 ECTS)
2013 LiUGA Finalists are!!!
Blast from the Past
- Here are the jury members:
- - Dennis Gustafsson, co-founder at Mediocre (Gothenburg)
- - Marcus Stenbeck, evangelist at Goo Technologies (Stockholm)
- - David Marquardt, co-founder at Visual Dreams (Norrköping)
- - Max Tiilikainen, CEO Meow Entertainment (Visby)
- - Oscar Jönsson, Innovation guru at the Innovation Office at LiU (Linköping)
In the course you are free to use different game-development software. Assistance will be provided for libGDX and XNA Game Studio + Farseer Physics (or Box2D). Central to choosing a development platform is that it is dedicated to game development and not simply a graphical or UI engine/tool. A media library paired with a physics engine is ok. Clicke here for a: non-complete list of relevant game engines and tools.
Make sure you are able demonstrate the game at IDA (but perhaps on your own machine).
In 2013 we will test running the game without an alpha game-testing seminars becasue there seems to be to little time to test anyway.
Staff will be available at scheduled times for office-hour assistance. This means that you can come to our offices to discuss problems and request help - but please respect these time limitations. Times are posted on the course web site here. For Norrköping students (and in special cases) a meeting using skype can be scheduled in advance during these times.
Your will be required to hand in:
- a game analysis,
- two game project plans,
- a playable game,
- a screen-cast presentation of your game,
- and also perform an individual oral examination with the examiner.
Liu Game Awards 2013 will be held in week 45 and hopefully create interesting opportunities for you to meet local and national industry.
Page responsible: Erik Berglund
Last updated: 2019-04-05