TDDD23 Design and Programming of Computer Games
The following YouTube videos series are really, really relevant and sum up the core knowledge you need with regards to core-gameplay, progression and in-game tutoring.-->
In this course we recommend reading up on core concepts such as game play, game mechanics, progression and so forth. The book that is recommended in the study guide is a very good beginner’s guide to game development, but the focus on the course is more technical and learning from building a game.
- Gamasutra, www.gamasutra.com
- GameDev.net, www.gamedev.net
- The Designer’s Notebook
- Fundamentals of Game Design (Game Design and Development Series) (Paperback), by Ernest Adams (Author), Andrew Rollings (Author) Pearson Education & Prentice Hall, 2007 ISBN 0-13-168747-6
- Some articles:
- Gameplay progression article.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gameplay, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_mechanics
Page responsible: Erik Berglund
Last updated: 2015-09-04