TDDD07 Real Time Systems
Reading guidelines can be found under "Lectures and lessons".
The following two texts are considered as useful for a broad knowledge
in real-time systems, each covering about half of the material in this
course. You can choose to read selected chapters from any of these, but
in both cases this should be combined with the articles/e-books
- Jan Carlson et al., Real-time Systems Compendium from MRTC, available for purchase at LiU Tryck in C building, "Snabbkopiering/AV service" (on demand, ask for compendium number A900) for 250SEK.
- A. Burns and A. Wellings:
Real-Time Systems and Programming Languages (Fourth Edition), Addison-Wesley.
An earlier version of this book can be found in Google Books as preview material. For students that are willing to share a borrowed book, we have 7 copies of earlier versions of this book that we can lend on a FCFS basis (contact the course assistant!).
Articles and Bookchapters
The pdf files of the articles listed below you can access directly from the University. If accessing from home you need to provide username and password for your LiU student account .
- K. Ramamritham, J. A. Stankovic, W. Zhao, Distributed scheduling of tasks with deadlines and resource requirements, IEEE Transactions on Computers, Vol 38, Nr. 8, August 1989 (pdf).
- Kopetz, H. Real-Time Systems : Design Principles for Distributed Embedded Applications, Chapter 3, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1997 electronic resource
- Kopetz, H., Bauer, G. The time-triggered architecture, Proceedings of the IEEE, Volume 91, issue 1, pages 112 - 126, 2003 (pdf)
- Attiya, H.,Welch, J. Distributed Computing : Fundamentals, Simulations, and Advanced Topics (2nd Edition), Chapter 6, John Wiley & Sons, 2004, electronic resource
- R. I. Davis, A. Burns, R. J. Bril, J. J. Lukkien, Controller Area Network (CAN) schedulability analysis, Refuted, revisited, and revised, Journal of Real-time Systems, Elsevier, January 2007. (pdf)
- El-Gendy, M., Bose, A., and Shin, K. Evolution of the InternetQoS and Support for Soft Real-Time Applications, Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol 91, Number 7, July 2003 (pdf)
- A. Avizienis, J.-C. Laprie, B. Randell, and C. Landwehr Basic Concepts and Taxonomy of Dependable and Secure Computing,IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, vol. 1, no. 1, pp.11-33, 2004. (pdf)
- J. Huang, J. Voeten, A. Ventevogel and L. van Bokhoven. Platform-independent Design for Embedded Real-Time Systems In Proceedings of FDL'03, pp. 318-329, 2003. (zipped pdf)
- Baskiyar, S. and Meghanathan, N. A Survery of Contemporary Real-time Operating Systems 233-240 2005 29 Informatica(pdf)
- Silberschatz, Galvin and Gagne, Operating Systems & Concepts, Sixth
Edition, Wiley, 2003.
chapters 4, 7, and 8.
- Burns and Wellings, Real-time Systems and their programming languages,
Welsey, 2001, chapters 7-8.
- Giorgio C. Buttazzo, Rate monotonic vs. EDF: judgment day Real-Time Syst. 29, 1 (January 2005) (pdf)
- Giorgio C. Buttazzo, Hard Real-time Computing Systems, Kluwer Academic publishers, 1997, Chapter 4: Periodic task scheduling.
- N. Halwbachs, F. Lagnier, C. Ratel, Programming and verifying critical systems by means of synchronous data-flow programming language Lustre, IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, Sept. 1992 (pdf)
- D. Stepner, N. Rajan, and D. Hui, Embedded Application Design Using a Real-Time Operating System, Proceedings of the Design Automation Conference (DAC), 1999 (pdf).
- M. Amirjoo, A. Tesanovic, S. Nadjm-Tehrani, C. Curescu, D. Szentivanyi, and J. Hansson, M. Asplund, J. Elmqvist, M. Raciti RoboLab Real-Time Scheduling - Lab Compendium for the Course TDDD07, IDA. The compendium is available only in electronic form.
Java on-line resources
Page responsible: Massimiliano Raciti
Last updated: 2009-11-02