TDDD04 Software Testing
The following book covers the first part of the course (test case design) well, but lacks in other parts (e.g. integration and system testing). If you choose this book, you will be expected to research certain areas of the course on your own.
A Practitioner's Guide to Software Test Design
Publisher: Artech House
Also available at the library as an electronic resource if you search for the title.
The following book covers a broader range of topics, some of which are included in the course, but may be difficult to find for purchase. If this becomes easier to purchase in the future, it may replace the official literature.
Software Testing: A Craftsman's Approach
Publisher: Auerback Publications
Also available as an electronic resource through the library.
Research papers on Software Testing
- C. Cadar and K. Sen, "Symbolic execution for software testing: Three decades later," Communications of the ACM, vol. 56, pp. 82-90, Feb. 2013.
- L. Inozemtseva and R. Holmes, "Coverage is not strongly correlated with test suite effectiveness," in Proceedings of the 36th International Conference on Software Engineering, ICSE 2014, (New York, NY, USA), pp. 435-445, ACM, 2014.
- A. Orso and G. Rothermel, "Software testing: A research travelogue (2000â€“2014)," in Proceedings of the on Future of Software Engineering, FOSE 2014, (New York, NY, USA), pp. 117-132, ACM, 2014.
- P. Runeson, C. Andersson, T. Thelin, A. Andrews, and T. Berling, "What do we know about defect detection methods?," IEEE Software, IEEE, vol. 23, pp. 82-90, May 2006.
Standards on Software testing
- ISO/IEC/IEEE, "ISO/IEC/IEEE international standard for software and systems engineering - software testing part 2: Test processes," ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119-2:2013(E), pp. 1-68, Sept 2013.
- ISO/IEC/IEEE, "ISO/IEC/IEEE international standard for software and systems engineering - software testing part 4: Test techniques," ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119-4:2015, pp. 1-149, Dec 2015.
- ISO/IEC/IEEE, "IEEE Standard classification for software anomalies," IEEE Std 1044-2009 (Revision of IEEE Std 1044-1993), pp. 1-23, Jan 2010.
Page responsible: Lena Buffoni
Last updated: 2016-09-18