Undergraduate thesis project proposals
We have several possible topics available in the field of sports analytics. (We consider different sports, but have most personal interest and contacts with an elite team in ice hockey).
We are currently offering the following projects:
- Implementation of a decision support system for ice hockey player scouting (taken)
- Visualization of ice hockey data (taken)
Other projects may also be available. Example topics:
- detect complex events that lead to predefined outcomes in an ice hockey game
- derive key stats for player performance (including minimal sets of key stats and introducing complex stats)
- derive characteristics for successful line-ups
- derive meaningful clusters of players
- build a knowledge graph for ice hockey and SHL in particular
- visualization of game and season data
For some topics you should have taken a data mining and/or machine learning course. For the knowledge graph topic course TDDD43 is recommended. For the visualization topic a course in HCI is recommended.
Contact: Patrick Lambrix.
Page responsible: Patrick Lambrix
Last updated: 2021-02-21