TDDD81 Database Technology
The assignments are a mixture of computer lab work and classical homework. Doing the assignments is one of the two examination items of the course.
To do the assignments, you need to register in Webreg with your lab partner (yes, we want you to work in pairs on these assignments).
The computer labs are done via a MySQL database server that you have access to as a participant of the course. Before you can begin with the labs, follow the instructions to set up the environment.
If you have any questions feel free to contact your lab assistant via e-mail.
- Registration: register in Webreg with your lab partner no later than Feb. 7, 2022
- Feb. 10, 2022: Assignment 1, soft deadline
- Mar. 11, 2022: Assignment 4a (design of BrianAir project DB), hard deadline
- Feb. 24, 2022: Assignment 2, soft deadline
- Mar. 30, 2022: Assignment 4b (improved design of BrianAir DB), hard deadline
- Mar. 8, 2022: Assignment 3, soft deadline
- May 13, 2022: Assignment 4c (implementation and report about BrianAir DB), hard deadline
- May 13, 2022: Assignment 4d (Urkund), hard deadline
Groups that did not finish some assignment by the corresponding deadline can hand it in later (except for the two mandatory ones, 4a and 4b). Then, the assignment will be corrected in connection with the next examination retake. However, this applies only to the two retakes immediately after the course ended. After that, the whole lab series must be redone.
Assignment 1 (Database design and EER modeling)
- Deadline: Feb. 10, 2022 (soft deadline)
Assignment 2 (SQL queries and views)
- This lab assignment is based on an existing database and, thus, it is important that you study the database first.
- Instructions for loading the database
- Deadline: Feb. 24, 2022 (soft deadline)
Assignment 3 (FDs and normalization)
- Deadline: Mar. 8, 2022 (soft deadline)
Assignment 4 (BrianAir project)
- MySQL scripts to test your implementation
- Deadlines: see below under dates
- Assignment 4a (Design of BrianAir project database; i.e., EER diagram and translation to relations):
Mar. 11, 2022
Note that this hand-in is required (with decent quality) for you to attend the mandatory teaching session about the BrianAir project.
- Assignment 4b (Improved design of BrianAir project database):
Mar. 30, 2022
Note that an approval of this hand-in is required for you to start implementing the project in the fourth lab session.
- Assignment 4c (Implementation): May 13, 2022
- Assignment 4d (Urkund): May 13, 2022
The final project report (SQL code and text answers to additional questions, but not the diagrams) have to be emailed to the address email@example.com to have it checked for plagiarism. In that email, the report code should be attached as a file with a filename of the form: coursecode_year_student1_student2.txt (e.g., TDDD81_2022_olaha37_jospe51.txt).
Page responsible: Olaf Hartig
Last updated: 2021-01-11