TDDD81 Database Technology
The assignments are a mixture of computer lab work and classical homework. Doing the assignments is one of the two examination items of the course.
To do the assignments, you need to register in Webreg with your lab partner (yes, we want you to work in pairs on these assignments).
The computer labs are done via a MySQL database server that you have access to as a participant of the course. Before you can begin with the labs, follow the instructions to set up the environment.
If you have any questions feel free to contact your lab assistant via e-mail.
Assignment 1 (SQL queries and views)
- This lab assignment is based on an existing database and, thus, it is important that you study the database first.
- Instructions for loading the database
- Deadline: Jan. 28, 2021
Assignment 2 (Database design and EER modeling)
- Deadline: Feb. 3, 2021
Assignment 3 (FDs and normalization)
- Deadline: Mar. 8, 2021
Assignment 4 (BrianAir project)
- Registration: register in Webreg with your lab partner no later than Jan. 22, 2021
- Assignment 1: Jan. 28, 2021
- Assignment 2: Feb. 3, 2021
- Assignment 3: Mar. 8, 2021
- Assignment 4a (Design of BrianAir project database; i.e., EER diagram and translation to relations):
Feb. 10, 2021
Note that this hand-in is required (with decent quality) for you to attend the mandatory teaching session about the BrianAir project.
- Assignment 4b (Improved design of BrianAir project database):
Feb. 15, 2021
Note that an approval of this hand-in is required for you to start implementing the project in the fourth lab session.
- Assignment 4c (Implementation): May 25, 2021
- Assignment 4d (Urkund): May 25, 2021
To check for plagiarism the final project code (queries and stored procedures) should be emailed to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
The code should be attached as a file coursecode_year_student1_student2.txt (e.g., TDDD81_2021_olaha37_jospe51.txt).
Groups that did not finish some assignment by the corresponding deadline can hand it in later. Then, the assignment will be corrected in connection with the next examination retake. However, this applies only to the two retakes immediately after the course ended. After that, the whole lab series must be redone.
Page responsible: Olaf Hartig
Last updated: 2021-01-11