TDTS10 Computer Architecture
To pass the course, you need to get at least a "G" in the two examination items
- TEN1 (U,3,4,5): Written exam
- LAB1 (U,G): Laboratory assignments
Important information about the labs
The labs are to be done in groups of at most two students. You must adhere to all of the following rules:
- The lab assignments must be solved independently by each group.
- You are not allowed to give your lab results or lab reports to another group.
- You are not allowed to take, copy, or in any other way mimic other groups' lab results and lab reports.
- All group members must be active in all parts of the labs, including writing source code, testing, conducting experiments, writing lab reports, and during the examination.
- The examination is always based on individual performance.
- Questions will be in English. You may answer in Swedish or English.
- The only admitted material to the exam is a language dictionary between English and your native language. Note that electronic dictionaries are not allowed.
- Most likely a mixture of problem oriented questions and subjective questions.
- Problem solving questions will be similar to those discussed/mentioned during the lectures (see Lecture Notes on the left). You may also find similar questions in textbook.
- Examples of subjective questions are (i)What does the control unit do? (ii) What is RISC? CISC? (iii) Why are fix-length instructions good ? (iv) What is principle of locality?
- The following are in the course syllabus and the reading instructions, but they will NOT be covered in final exam: Multiplication and Division (Textbook: 3.4,3.5), Advanced topics (Textbook: 7.1 to 7.7)
- Questions from past years are given below. You may look at them for questions that are familiar to you but note that they were based on a different textbook and a slightly different course material.
Recent exams.December 2012: Exam 1
Even older written exams. Note that they were based on a different textbook.Example exams: Old exam 1, Old exam 2, and Old exam 3
Exam and answers
Dates for next written examSee the exam date search engine for TDTS10.
Page responsible: Ahmed Rezine
Last updated: 2015-12-04