TDTS10 Computer Architecture
There are two examination items:
- TEN1: Written exam
- LAB1: Laboratory assignments (see the lab pages for more information on this part)
- Questions will be in English. You may answer in Swedish or English.
- The only admitted material to the exam is a language dictionary between English and your native language. Note that electronic dictionaries are not allowed.
- Most likely a mixture of problem oriented questions and subjective questions.
- Problem solving questions will be similar to those discussed/mentioned during the lectures (see Lecture Notes on the left). You may also find similar questions in textbook.
- Examples of subjective questions are (i)What does the control unit do? (ii) What is RISC? CISC? (iii) Why are fix-length instructions good ? (iv) What is principle of locality?
- The following are in the course syllabus and the reading instructions, but they will NOT be covered in final exam: Multiplication and Division (Textbook: 3.4,3.5), Disk and flash storage (Textbook: 6.3, 6.4), Advanced topics (Textbook: 7.1 to 7.7)
- Questions from past years are given below. You may look at them for questions that are familiar to you but note that they were based on a different textbook and a slightly different course material.
Recent exams.December 2012: Exam 1
Even older written exams. Note that they were based on a different textbook.Example exams: Old exam 1, Old exam 2, and Old exam 3
Exam and answers
Dates for next written examSee the exam date search engine for TDTS10.
Page responsible: Unmesh Bordoloi
Last updated: 2013-03-19