TDDC78 NSC Account Application Procedure (2016)
The course project
We will have a reserved partition of the Triolith supercomputer for prioritized usage during scheduled course lab hours. Outside lab hours you might submit jobs to Triolith but then jobs might wait in the queue for days.
The course project at NSC will expire after 2016-09-01,
so make sure that your labs are completed by then.
Supervision will only be given during scheduled lab hours.
Student accounts at NSC / Triolith:All account handling is now done via the national-level SNIC portal SUPR.
Depending on if you have been registered before or not, the process is different:
New students who have not registered at SUPR before
- Go to Register New Person in SUPR. Use the Register via SWAMID button, select "Linköping University" as your login provider and log in using your LiU student account.
- Check/fill in the required fields (Name, Organization, Postal code, City, Email)
and click Register New Person.
An email will now be sent to the email address you entered. In that email is a link. Click on that link and press the Confirm user button to verify that the email address works (important, as we will send a password to it later).
- Go to SUPR's project membership request function to request membership in the course project SNIC 2016/5-3. If SUPR requests that you log in, use Alternative 1: Login Using SWAMID, select "Linköping University" as your login provider and log in using your LiU student account.
Press the Request button on the SNIC 2016/5-3 line.
On the next page, write "TDDC78 student" in the "Message to the PI" box and press Request Membership.
- You will now see the Accounts page. Click on Request Account at Triolith and confirm by clicking the Request Account on the next page.
- Go to Handle User Agreement. Read the agreement text, check the two confirmation checkboxes and click Accept.
- You have now done your part. The course administration will approve your membership in the course project and NSC staff will create your Triolith account.
- When that is done, you will get an email with your Triolith user name and your temporary password. Follow the instructions in the email as soon as possible (you must do it within 7 days) to set a new, unique, good password for your Triolith user.
Students already registered in SUPR
If you are already registered in SUPR, for example because you took this course last year, please do not register another user in SUPR. Doing that will cause extra work and may delay your registration.
Instead, login to
using the email address and password that you used last year.
If you do not remember your SUPR password, use SUPR's Request Password function to request an email that you can use to set the password.
When you have logged in to SUPR using your new password, go to SUPR's Personal Information page and click Register Federated Identity and then Proceed to Authenticate via SWAMID. Select "Linköping University" as your login provider and log in using your LiU student account. When you get back to SUPR, click Confirm Registration.
You can now follow the instructions for new students above from Step 3.
Students who already have a login account on Triolith
You will still have to apply for membership in this year's course project, which means that you will have to be present in SUPR (see above).
If SUPR knows that you already have an account on Triolith, you will not get an offer to create an account request in step 5 above.
Also, if you have a login account at Triolith, you will not get an email with username and password for a new Triolith account. Instead, your existing Triolith account will be reopened as soon as the course administration has approved your membership in the course project (and you will get an email telling you that).
Then, if you do not remember your password, email
and ask them to help you set a new password.
Be sure to tell them your Triolith username or the email address
you are registered with in SUPR and/or NSC Express.
Please note that the Triolith password and the password you may set in SUPR are not the same. Changing one of them will not change the other.
Page responsible: Webmaster
Last updated: 2016-03-14