TDDC78 lectures and lessons (2017)
Preliminary lecture/lesson program for 2017.
The times and locations (including for the lab sessions) can be found on the schedule page.
Lectures and lessons are given in English.
Overview and organization.
Parallel computer architecture concepts I: Clusters and Interconnection Networks (CK)
- Parallel computer architecture concepts II: Memory Hierarchy, Shared Memory* (CK)
- Guest lecture and guided tour: Introduction to NSC systems (by Peter Kjellström, NSC) (Slides 2016 TBU)
TOP500 and trends in supercomputer architecture.
Design of parallel programs I (CK)
- Design of parallel programs II (CK)
MPI (I) (CK)
MPI (II) (CK)
One-sided communication in MPI (PDF)
Lesson 1: Introduction to the lab series, pthreads and OpenMP (LL)
OpenMP (I) (CK)
- OpenMP (II) (CK)
OpenMP (III); Combining MPI and OpenMP (CK),
Mid-term evaluation by muddy cards (CK)
Tools for performance analysis (CK)
- Design and analysis of parallel algorithms I* (CK)
Design and analysis of parallel algorithms II;
Fundamental dataparallel algorithms* (CK)
- Parallel Basic Linear Algebra Algorithms (CK)
Parallel Basic Linear Algebra Algorithms (cont.);
Parallel Solving of Linear Equation Systems (CK)
Loop Parallelization and Optimization* (CK)
Lesson 2: Theory questions for exam preparation (LL)
Remark: The lectures marked by * are largely shared with TDDD56 Multicore and GPU Programming. This minor replication is necessary to make sure that the two courses can be taken stand-alone or in arbitrary order. If you already have taken TDDD56 you may skip these lectures or consider them as an extra repetition opportunity.
- Lecture notes for the lectures by Christoph Kessler (CK) are made available electronically for registered students on this page.
- For further literature, see the literature list.
- Lecture notes for the lessons can be downloaded from the lab page. Older lesson lecture notes can be found on the handouts page for reference purposes.
- Optional theory exercises that you may use to practise on your own.
Page responsible: Webmaster
Last updated: 2017-03-15