TDDD43 Advanced Data Models and Databases
TDDD43 NSC Account Application Procedure (2021)
The course project
We will have a reserved partition of the Sigma resource for prioritized usage during scheduled course lab hours. Outside lab hours you might submit jobs to Sigma but then jobs might wait in the queue for days.
The course project at NSC will expire after 2022-11-01,
so make sure that your labs are completed by then.
Supervision will only be given during scheduled lab hours.
Note that the teachers in the course may require access to a special directory in your account for grading your exercises.
Student accounts at NSC:All account handling is now done via the national-level SNIC portal SUPR.
Depending on if you have been registered before or not, the process is different:
New students who have not registered at SUPR before
- Go to Register New Person in SUPR. Use the Register via SWAMID button, select "Linköping University" as your login provider and log in using your LiU student account.
- Check/fill in the required fields (Name, Organization, Postal code, City, Email)
and click Register New Person.
An email will now be sent to the email address you entered. In that email is a link. Click on that link and press the Confirm user button to verify that the email address works (important, as we will send a password to it later).
- Go to SUPR's project membership request function to request membership in the course project LiU-compute-2021-45. If SUPR requests that you log in, use Alternative 1: Login Using SWAMID, select "Linköping University" as your login provider and log in using your LiU student account.
Press the Request button on the LiU-compute-2021-45 line.
On the next page, write "TDDD43 student" in the "Message to the PI" box and press Request Membership.
- You will now see the Accounts page. Click on Request Account on Sigma @ NSC and confirm by clicking the Request Account on the next page.
- Go to Handle User Agreement. Read the agreement text, check the two confirmation checkboxes and click Accept.
- The course administration will approve your membership in the course project and NSC staff will create your Sigma account.
It may take several days before your accounts are created at NSC. When that is done, you will get an email with your Sigma user name
and your temporary password. Follow the instructions in the email
as soon as possible (you must do it within 7 days)
to set a new, unique, good password for your Sigma user.
IMPORTANT: Please notice, it's very important that you follow the instructions, e.g., firstly connect to Sigma:
to activate your account.
Please follow the instructions in NSC's emails as soon as possible to set the new password.
Students already registered in SUPR
If you are already registered in SUPR, for example because you took this course last year, please do not register another user in SUPR. Doing that will cause extra work and may delay your registration.
Instead, login to
using the email address and password that you used last year.
If you do not remember your SUPR password, use SUPR's Request Password function to request an email that you can use to set the password.
When you have logged in to SUPR using your new password, go to SUPR's Personal Information page and click Register Federated Identity and then Proceed to Authenticate via SWAMID. Select "Linköping University" as your login provider and log in using your LiU student account. When you get back to SUPR, click Confirm Registration.
You can now follow the instructions for new students above from Step 3.
Page responsible: Patrick Lambrix
Last updated: 2021-11-11