TDDD37 Database Technology
This part of the course contains computer labs that are implemented in MySQL on SUN machines.
Signing up for labsTo use a database you require a special database account. You receive this by registering for the course and signing up for the labs via the link in the menu. Sign up latest September 4.
Setting up your MYSQL environment for the labsPlease follow the steps to set up your MySQL environment.
LabsThe lab exercises are available from lab 1-2, lab3 - project, and also lab appendix.
- Lab 1: SQL (scheduled 2 lab sessions)
- Lab 2: Database design and ER modeling (scheduled 2 lab sessions)
- Lab 3: Normalization (scheduled 0 lab sessions - do at home)
- Lab 1: Differences between
SQL in the book and MySQL
- Lab 2: ER-diagram of Jonson Brothers (pdf,
Handing in the labsSee under Examination.
- Tips for the labs.
- FAQ about the labs.
- MySQL documentation.
- In the labs you work with the Jonson Brothers database.
The relational schema for the database (ie. table definitions) is given here.
The data stored in the database (ie. rows in tables) is given here.
- The company database from the book Elmasri, Navathe. "Fundamentals of Database Systems", 5th Edition, figure 5.6 is available here. Note that all table names are prefixed with EN and that some table names have been abbreviated: EMPLOYEE => ENEMP; DEPARTMENT => ENDEPT; DEPT_LOCATIONS => ENDEPT_LOC; PROJECT => ENPROJ
Page responsible: Fang Wei-Kleiner
Last updated: 2012-08-16