TDDD37 Database Technology
To do the labs, follow the following four steps:
1. Register to the labs
Register in pairs no later than Nov. 10, 2016.
2. Set up the environment
Follow the instructions detailed here.
3. Do the lab assignmentsThe lab assignments are based on an existing database and, thus, it is important that you study the database first. The database and the assignments can be found here:
- Lab assignments 1 and 2 (you may want to work on this ppt version of the ER diagram in lab 2)
- Lab assignment 3
- Lab assignment 4 (project). MySQL scripts to test your implementation.
The labs are done in MySQL.
If you have any questions feel free to contact your lab assistant via e-mail.
4. Handing in the lab assignments
The answers to the lab assignments should be handed in by the following dates:
- Lab assignment 1 (SQL queries and views): Nov. 17, 2016
- Lab assignment 2 (Database design and ER modeling): Nov. 23, 2016
- Lab assignment 3 (Normalization): Dec. 2, 2016
- Lab assignment 4a (Design and project ER modeling, plus translation to
relations): Nov. 29, 2016.
Note that this hand in is required (with decent quality) for you to attend the mandatory teaching session 2.
- Lab assignment 4b (Implementation): Examination date (check it here)
- The final (approved) project code (queries and stored procedures) should be sent to Urkund to the address email@example.com . The code should be attached as a file coursecode_year_student1_student2.txt (e.g., TDDD37_2016_olaha37_jospe51.txt). This will be used to check for plagiarism.
- Groups that did not finish some lab assignment by the corresponding deadline can hand it in later. Then, the assignment will be corrected in connection with the next examination retake. However, this only applies to the two retakes immediately after the course ended. After that, the whole lab series must be redone.
Page responsible: Olaf Hartig
Last updated: 2016-11-03