TDDE49 Databases and information security for bioinformatics (6 ECTS)
Welcome to the course!
Watch the welcome video (3:34 mins; this video is accessible only to people at LiU).
Before each lecture
Watch the corresponding video lecture (if any). Read the advised book chapter and print lecture material.
Before the first lab session
You need to register for the course, so that you get a database account to do the mandatory labs, get the right to write the exam, and belong to the mailing list used by the teachers to send important notifications. In addition to registering for the course, you also need to register for the labs. Check the labs section for more information.
- R. Elmasri and S. B. Navathe: Fundamentals of Database Systems, Addison Wesley. The most recent edition of this book is the 7th. However, you may also use an earlier edition.
- Swedish-speaking students may also want to check this online course about databases.
- Paul C. van Oorschot: Computer Security and the Internet, Springer. The author has made available a self-archived, author-created version of the book for personal use.
- Ross Anderson: Security Engineering, Wiley. The most recent edition of this book is the 3rd. The second edition has been published by the author on the Website of the book
- Adam Shostack: Threat Modeling, Wiley
Page responsible: Olaf Hartig
Last updated: 2021-05-18