Distributed SystemsDF14200, 2012VT
Doctoral students in computer science/systems.
The course was last given
The course presents theories and principles for distributed systems together with an overview of techniques, algorithms and tools used for implementing distributed systems.
- Characteristics of distributed systems
- Models of distributed systems
- Middleware and Case study: CORBA
- Time and state: global states, logical clocks, causality and time
- Fundamental algorithms: mutual exclusion and election
- Peer-to-peer Systems
- Large-scale distributed systems and services
Department of Computer and Information Science, Linköping University
George Coulouris, Jean Dollimore, Tim Kindberg: "Distributed Systems - Concepts
and Design" 4th Edition, Addison Wesley Publishing Comp., 2005.
Petru Eles, Niklas Carlsson
Course web page
Page responsible: Director of Graduate Studies
Last updated: 2012-05-03