Sports Analytics, vt 2020
Sports analytics deals with using data related to sports events to obtain insights about the sport and its surroundings. The insights can relate to such things as player and team performance, strategies, training, injuries, and rules of the game.
- To gain an understanding of the research issues related to sports analytics
- To obtain knowledge about problems in sports analytics and algorithms for solving these problems
- To be able to use relevant algorithms in a sports analytics application
Course planSee the course plan at the PhD student portal.
TimetableThis time table will be updated when new info becomes available.
- April 3, 2020, 10:15-12:00, John von Neumann: Introduction (Patrick Lambrix)
- April 6, 2020, 15:15-17:00, Alan Turing: Ice Hockey Analytics research at IDA (Patrick Lambrix)
- TBD, Football and Basketball Analytics research at IDA (Patrick Lambrix)
- April 22, 2020, 15:15-16:30, Ada Lovelace: Football Analytics (prof David Sumpter, Uppsala University)
- TBD (May), Baseball Analytics (Marcus Bendtsen)
- May 11, 2020, 15:15-17:00, Alan Turing: student presentations
- May 14, 2020, 10:15-12:00, Alan Turing: student presentations
- May 15, 2020, 13:15-15:00, Alan Turing: student presentations
Page responsible: SA
Last updated: 2020-02-20