Eva L. Ragnemalm
My main reserach interests are based on a wish to make computers into something it is not a pain to be around. My firm belief is that it is the computer that should adapt to the human, not vice versa. The focus of my thesis work was on making a teaching program adapt to the student's level of knowledge, student modelling. This stimulated an interest in how humans learn that has found application lately in my teaching and further research.
Since I defended my thesis in 1999 I have worked parttime mostly teaching, because I wish to spend time with my children. I have taught several courses but focus on Usability Engineering and database courses for non-computer-science students. In my research I have turned to pedagogic interests, partially based on the reading I did for my thesis work, wondering how those ideas on learning that are used in the ITS/ILE community would relate to classroom teaching.
Lately I have focussed specifically the pedagogic framework called Problem Based Learning, PBL, which is used at one of the programs at this university (this page in swedish), for which I am currently a pedagogical consultant and administrator. I am currently trying to combine this interest in learning with the interest of computer support for learning in a project that analyses the use of Electronic Portfolio supporting the development of teacher expertise. I am also involved in a research application to Vetenskapsrådet for studying teacher training with the use of simulator technology.
- Ragnemalm, E.L., Bång, M. and Alin-Nilsson, I. Heuristic Evaluation of persuasive systems: the case of educational programs. Accepted for presentation at PERSUASIVE 2011.
- Rasoal, Chato and Ragnemalm, Eva L. 2011. Does PBL affect empathy? In proceeding från Celebrating the past and embracing the future: Evolution and innovation in Problem Based Learning, 30-31 March 2011, Grange-Over-Sands, Cumbria, UK, pp 76-80. ISBN 978-1-901922-77-6
- Ragnemalm, Eva L., Sjögren, Elaine, Uhlin, Lars. E-portfolio; verktyg för lärares kompetensutveckling? I proceedings från NU2008.
- Ragnemalm, Eva L. Student Modelling based on Collaborative Dialogue with a Learning Companion, Dissertation No 563, Linköping Studies in Science and Technology. 1999.
- Ragnemalm, Eva L. Student Diagnosis in practice: Bridging a gap (postscript, 314k) . In User Modelling and User-Adapted Interaction, 5:93-116, 1996.
- Collaborative Dialogue with a Learning Companion as a Source of Information on Student Reasoning (postscript, 121k). In the Proceedings of ITS'96, Montreal, 12-14 june 1996.
- firstname.lastname@example.org Eva L. Ragnemalm, Dept. of Computer and Information Science,
- Linköping University, S-581 83 LINKÖPING, SWEDEN +46-13-28 27 68
+46-13-14 22 31 Visitors: E-building, Linköping University, Linköping, Sweden, Earth
Page responsible: Eva L. Ragnemalm
Last updated: 2011-05-03