Associate professor (Docent) in Cognitive Science
Also with Lund University Cognitive Science (LUCS)
I lead the research in the lab on Virtual Pedagogical Agents. Please follow the link to learn more about our reseach. If you are interested other work in the cognitive science group at the deparment, please go to the Cognition and Interaction web pages.
Below is a short summary of my current research interests.
Research DomainNovel digital learning technology. In particular Virtual Pedagogical Agents (VPAs), i.e. computer generated characters that are more or less autonomous, more or less humanlike, and that take a pedagogical role such as: coach, instructor, mentor, learning companion etc.
Focus Issues• Cognitive and pedagogical benefits and drawbacks from the use of VPAs.
• Effects from the interactivity, virtuality and the socio-emotive dimension that are all introduced or enhanced with VPAs.
• Human cognitive differences (e.g. learning style differences), and the adaptation to such differences by means of novel learning technology, such as VPAs.
• Visual aspects of VPAs: their cognitive and pedagogical importance.
• The social dimension of learning in VPA-based environments (also related to human cognitive differences).
Here you can find a list of my publications.
- Agneta Gulz, Dept. of Computer and Information Science,
- Linköping University, SE-581 83 LINKÖPING, SWEDEN
+46 13 28 16 64
- +46 13 14 22 31 (Att: Agneta Gulz)
Page responsible: Webmaster
Last updated: 2011-04-06