Principles of Programming Languages and Environments
To install Mathematica you can do the following:
In your account (Solaris) make a symbolic link:
ln -s /net/softis.isy.liu.se/export/install install
Then from your laptop mount your home directory
to some drive, say Z:
should be an installer. In the file:
you find the License ID/password for Mathematica.
If you don't know how to do this, contact me, and I'll give a CD.
If you know how to handle Solaris and don't want to install
RML for yourself, you can work remotely (remote.ida.liu.se).
Read: What installations are already available for Solaris at IDA.
To work with RML on your own computer you need to:
- Install cygwin
- Download RML package rml-2.1.10-cygwin.tar.bz2. Would be good to copy it to cygwin\home\your_user\
- Start cygwin bash, unpack rml-2.1.10-cygwin.tar.bz2 like
user@machine> bzip2 -d rml-2.1.10-cygwin.tar.bz2
user@machine> tar -xf rml-2.1.10-cygwin.tar
- Go to rml-2.1.10-cygwin directory:
user@machine> cd rml-2.1.10-cygwin
- Read what "make" command outputs and write it at the prompt (about setting your path).
- End. That's it!
In case you run into problems or you have errors
- Please contact Adrian Pop.
- Last Updated in 2004-10-18 by Adrian Pop
Page responsible: Adrian Pop
Last updated: 2004-11-24