Call for Tutorial Proposals
The International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management (EKAW) is concerned with all aspects of eliciting, acquiring, modeling and managing knowledge, as well its role in the construction of knowledge-intensive systems and services for the semantic web, knowledge management, e-business, natural language processing, intelligent information integration, etc.
Besides a research track, EKAW will host a number of tutorials on topics related to the theme of the conference. Tutorials enable attendees to fully appreciate current issues, main schools of thought, and possible application areas.
Tutorial notes will be published separately in a companion booklet.
Topics of Interest
In order to meet these goals, tutorials should address topics that satisfy the following criteria:
- the topic falls in the general scope of EKAW 2014,
- there is a clear focus on a specific technology, problem or application, and
- there is a sufficiently large community interested in the topic.
Tutorial proposals should be submitted via the EasyChair tutorial submission area, as a single PDF file of no more than 4 pages, specifying the “Tutorial Proposal”. Tutorial proposals should contain the following information:
- Abstract (200 words).
- Motivation on why the topic is of particular interest at this time.
- Relation to the conference topics, i.e. why it will be of interest to the conference attendants.
- If the tutorial, or a very similar tutorial, has been given elsewhere, explanation of the benefit of presenting it again to the EKAW community.
- Overview of content, description of the aims, presentation style, potential/preferred prerequisite knowledge.
- Indication on whether the tutorial should be considered for a half-day or full-day.
- Intended audience and expected number of participants.
- Audio-visual or technical requirements and any special room requirements (for hands-on sessions, any software needed and download sites must be provided by the tutorial presenters).
- Data of the presenters (name, affiliation, email address, homepage) and short CV including also their expertise, experiences in teaching and in tutorial presentation.
EKAW will give a workshops/tutorials+conference registration fee for free for each tutorial.
- Tutorial Submission:
July 30, 2014* EXTENDED: * August 13, 2014
- Tutorial Notifications: August 20, 2014
- Event: November 24-25, 2014