Prof. Zebo Peng
Zebo Peng has been Professor of the Chair of Computer Systems and Director of the Embedded Systems Laboratory (ESLAB) at Linköping University since 1996. He is also Vice-Chairman of the Department of Computer and Information Science (IDA). He served as the head of the Swedish National Graduate School in Computer Science (CUGS) in 2006-2008. He received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from Linköping University in 1987.
Prof. Peng's current research interests include design and test of embedded systems, electronic design automation, SoC testing, fault tolerant design, hardware/software co-design, and real-time systems. He has published over 350 technical papers in these areas as well as five books: System Synthesis with VHDL (Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1997), Analysis and Synthesis of Distributed Real-Time Embedded Systems (Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2004), System-level Test and Validation of Hardware/Software Systems (Springer, 2005), Real-Time Applications with Stochastic Task Execution Times: Analysis and Optimisation (Springer, 2007). and Time-Predictable Embedded Software on Multi-Core Platforms: Analysis and Optimization (Now Publishers, 2014).
Prof. Peng received four best paper awards, two at the European Design Automation Conferences (EURO-DAC'92 and EURO-DAC'94), one at the IEEE Asian Test Symposium (ATS'02), and one at the Design, Automation and Test in Europe Conference (DATE'05), as well as a best presentation award at the IEEE/ACM/IFIP International Conference on Hardware/Software Codesign and System Synthesis (2003). He was also nominated for best paper awards at the EURO-DAC'95, the 2001 IEEE/ACM Design Automation Conference, and the 2003 IEEE/ACM/IFIP International Conference on Hardware/Software Codesign and System Synthesis. Two of his publications have been selected as the most influential papers of 10 years of DATE, the Design, Automation, and Test in Europe Conferences.
Prof. Peng is a Senior Member of IEEE and a Golden Core Member of the IEEE Computer Society. He is a recipient of the IEEE Computer Society Outstanding Contribution Award (2010) and Meritorious Service Award (2005), as well as the ACM Recognition of Service Award (2008). He served as the Chair of the IEEE European Test Technology Technical Council (ETTTC) in 2006-2009. He has served as Associate Editor for:
- IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems (2007-2014),
- EURASIP Journal on Embedded Systems, (2005-present) and
- VLSI Design Journal (2006-present).
- Design, Automation and Test in Europe (DATE, as Program Chair in 2008),
- IEEE European Test Symposium (ETS, as Program Chair in 2007 and 2013, and General Chair in 2001),
- IEEE International Test Conference (ITC),
- IEEE International Test Conference in Asia (ITC-Asia, as General Co-Chair in 2021),
- IEEE International Symposium on Defect and Fault Tolerance in VLSI Systems (DFT),
- IEEE International Symposium on Design and Diagnostics of Electronic Circuits and Systems (DDECS, as Program Chair in 2004),
- IFIP/IEEE International Conference on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI-SOC),
- IEEE International On-Line Testing Symposium (IOLTS),
- IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on VLSI (ISVLSI),
- International Symposium on VLSI Design, Automation and Test (VLSI-DAT),
- IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications (RTCSA),
- International Conference on Design & Technology of Integrated Systems (DTIS).
For publications since 1997, please click here.
- TDTS08 Advanced Computer Architecture - undergraduate course.
- TDTS10 Computer Architecture - undergraduate course.
- TDTS01 Computer Aided Design of Electronics - undergraduate course.
- Real-Time and Embedded Systems - graduate course of CUGS
- Heuristic Algorithms for Combinatorial Optimization Problems - graduate course of CUGS.
- Testing of Digital Systems - graduate course.
- System Synthesis of Digital Systems - graduate course