OpenModelica Course at INRIA
June 8-9, 2006
Preliminary Course Agenda
June 8: 13:00->19:00 (6 hours) DAY 1
- Introduction to OpenModelica
- OpenModelica OMShell usage session
- load/simulate/plot exercise
- OpenModelica OMNotebook usage session
- explore DrModelica notebooks
- write a small model and simulate it
- Introduction to MetaModelica
- MetaModelica exercises (7 exercises)
- 01_experiment -> types, functions, constants, printing values
- 02a_exp1, 02b_exp2 -> adding new features to a small language
- 03_assignment -> printing values
- 04a_assigntwotype, 04b_modassigntwotype -> adding a new type to a language
- 05_advanced -> polymorphic and higher order functions
- Introduction to OpenModelica compiler (1 exercise)
- Structure, info about modules, etc
- 06_OMCAndCorba -> Communication with OMC via Corba from Java
June 9: 09:00->16:00 (6 hours) DAY 2Advanced OpenModelica compiler development topics
- How to adapt code generator to specific needs,
- How to access the flat Modelica intermediate form,
- Programming AST transformations in the compiler,
- How to add simple functionality to the compiler.
We will use the following software:
Notes on Software
- Windows - We will have CDs and a USB memory stick with all the software needed for Windows.
- Linux - We will also have the sources needed to compile/install on Linux for:
OpenModelica, MetaModelica compiler, Mico 2.3.12, Antlr 2.7.6, MetaModelica exercises, Eclipse 3.1, MDT 0.6.6
If you can install some of the needed software in advance things will go a lot faster.
We developed a set of MetaModelica exercises we will work on in the first day (June 8)
The exercises are available for download here.
Please read the Software information and README.txt concerning the software dependencies.
To contact us:
Adrian Pop [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Peter Aronsson [email@example.com]
Peter Fritzson [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Last updated June 06, 2006 by Adrian Pop [email@example.com].
Please contact Adrian Pop for any problems.