I am a Ph.D. student at Linköping University. My supervisor is Prof. Dr. Christoph Kessler.
Dept. of Computer and Information Science
SE-581 83 Linköping
|E-mail: <firstname> DOT <lastname> AT liu DOT se|
|Landline: +46 13 28 57 53|
|Fax: +46 13 285899|
|B 3B:486 (see map)|
| Member of:|
Programming Environments Laboratory (PELAB)
Software and Systems (SaS)
ResearchMy research is about omptimized component composition for heterogeneous multi-core architectures (CPUs, GPUs). I am working on EU FP7 project PEPPHER.
- Usman Dastgeer, Christoph Kessler. Performance-aware Composition Framework for GPU-based Systems. Supercomputing journal, Springer, doi:10.1007/s11227-014-1105-1, Jan. 2014. (link)
- Usman Dastgeer, Lu Li, Christoph Kessler. The PEPPHER Composition Tool: Performance-Aware Composition for GPU-based Systems. Computing journal, Springer, doi:10.1007/s00607-013-0371-8, Nov. 2013. (link)
Peer Reviewed Conference and Workshop Papers
- Usman Dastgeer, Christoph Kessler. Conditional component composition for GPU-based systems. Accepted at MULTIPROG-2014 workshop at HiPEAC-2014, Vienna, Austria, Jan. 2014. (pdf)
- Usman Dastgeer, Christoph Kessler. A Framework for Performance-aware Composition of Applications for GPU- based Systems. Proc. the Sixth International Workshop on Parallel Programming Models and Systems Software for High-End Computing (P2S2), 2013, in conjunction with ICPP-2013, Lyon, France, October 2013. (pdf)
- Usman Dastgeer, Lu Li, Christoph Kessler. Adaptive implementation selection in the SkePU skeleton programming library. Proc. 2013 Biennial Conference on Advanced Parallel Processing Technology (APPT-2013), Stockholm, Sweden, Aug. 2013. (pdf)
- Mudassar Majeed, Usman Dastgeer, Christoph Kessler. Cluster-SkePU: A Multi-Backend Skeleton Programming Library for GPU Clusters. Proc. Int. Conf. on Parallel and Distr. Processing Techniques and Applications (PDPTA-2013), Las Vegas, USA, July 2013. (pdf)
- Lu Li, Usman Dastgeer, Christoph Kessler. Pruning strategies in adaptive off-line tuning for optimized composition of components on heterogeneous systems. Proc. MCC'12 Fifth Swedish Workshop on Multicore Computing, Nov. 2012, Stockholm.
- Mudassar Majeed, Usman Dastgeer, Christoph Kessler. Structured Development of Scalable Scientific Applications for GPU Clusters. Proc. MCC'12 Fifth Swedish Workshop on Multicore Computing, Nov. 2012, Stockholm.
- Usman Dastgeer, Lu Li, Christoph Kessler. The PEPPHER Composition Tool: Performance-Aware Dynamic Composition of Applications for GPU-based Systems. To appear in: Proc. 2012 Int. Workshop on Multi-Core Computing Systems (MuCoCoS 2012), Nov. 16, 2012, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, in conjunction with the Supercomputing Conference (SC12). (link)
- Lu Li, Usman Dastgeer, Christoph Kessler. Adaptive off-line tuning for optimized composition of components for heterogeneous many-core systems. Accepted for the Seventh International Workshop on Automatic Performance Tuning (iWAPT-2012), 17 July 2012, Kobe, Japan. To appear in: Proc. VECPAR-2012 Conference, Kobe, Japan, July 2012. (link)
- Christoph Kessler, Usman Dastgeer, Samuel Thibault, Raymond Namyst, Andrew Richards, Uwe Dolinsky, Siegfried Benkner, Jesper Larsson Träff and Sabri Pllana. Programmability and Performance Portability Aspects of Heterogeneous Multi-/Manycore Systems. Proc. DATE-2012 conference on Design Automation and Testing in Europe, Dresden, March 2012.(link)
- Usman Dastgeer and Christoph Kessler. A performance-portable generic component for 2D convolution computations on GPU-based systems. Proc. MULTIPROG-2012 Workshop at HiPEAC-2012, Paris, Jan. 2012. (pdf)
- Akhtar Ali, Usman Dastgeer and Christoph Kessler. OpenCL on shared memory multicore CPUs. Proc. MULTIPROG-2012 Workshop at HiPEAC-2012, Paris, Jan. 2012. (pdf)
- Usman Dastgeer, Christoph Kessler and Samuel Thibault. Flexible Runtime Support for Efficient Skeleton Programming on Heterogeneous GPU-based Systems. ParCo 2011: International Conference on Parallel Computing. Ghent, Belgium, 2011. (pdf)
Usman Dastgeer, Johan Enmyren, and Christoph Kessler.
Auto-tuning SkePU: A Multi-Backend Skeleton Programming Framework for Multi-GPU Systems.
Proc. IWMSE-2011, Hawaii, USA, May 2011, ACM (pdf).
A previous version of this article was also presented at: Proc. Fourth Workshop on Programmability Issues for Multi-Core Computers (MULTIPROG-2011), January 23, 2011, in conjunction with HiPEAC-2011 conference, Heraklion, Greece.
- Johan Enmyren, Usman Dastgeer and Christoph Kessler. Towards a Tunable Multi-Backend Skeleton Programming Framework for Multi-GPU Systems. Proc. MCC-2010 Third Swedish Workshop on Multicore Computing, Gothenburg, Sweden, Nov. 2010.
- Christoph W. Kessler, Sergei Gorlatch, Johan Enmyren, Usman Dastgeer, Michel Steuwer, Philipp Kegel: Skeleton Programming for Portable Many-Core Computing. Book Chapter, 20 pages, in: S. Pllana and F. Xhafa, eds., Programming Multi-Core and Many-Core Computing Systems, Wiley Interscience, New York, to appear in July 2012.
- Usman Dastgeer, Christoph Kessler: A step towards performance-aware global component composition for GPU-based systems. Proc. 17th Int. Workshop on Compilers for Parallel Computers (CPC-2013), Lyon, France, July 2013. (pdf)
- Usman Dastgeer, Lu Li, Christoph Kessler: Performance-Aware Dynamic Composition of Applications or Heterogeneous Multicore Systems with the PEPPHER Composition Tool. Proc. 16th Int. Workshop on Compilers for Parallel Computers (CPC-2011), Padova, Italy, Jan. 2012.
- Skeleton Programming for Heterogeneous GPU-based Systems. Licentiate thesis. Thesis No 1504. Department of Computer and Information Science, Linköping University, October, 2011 (LIU EP)
- Coordination and Logistic Aspects in Computer Based Training for Emergency Situations. Masters thesis, Linköping University, 2009. (pdf)
- Christoph Kessler, Usman Dastgeer, Mudassar Majeed, Nathalie Furmento, Samuel Thibault, Raymond Namyst, Siegfried Benkner, Sabri Pllana, Jesper Larsson Träff, Martin Wimmer: Poster: Leveraging PEPPHER Technology for Performance Portable Supercomputing, SC Companion: High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SCC), 2012.
TeachingI am a laboration/course assistant in the following courses:
- TDDC78 Programming of parallel computers - methods and tools (2012-)
- TDDD05 Component Based Software (2010-2011)
- TDDD04 Software Testing (2010-2012)
- DF21500 Multicore Computing (2011)
Thesis supervisionI am supervisor in the following thesis projects:
- Patricia Sundin: Adaptation of algorithms for underwater sonar data processing to GPU-based systems. 2013. [LIU EP]
- Akhtar Ali: Comparative study of parallel programming models for multicore computing. MULTIPROG 2012 paper accepted. [LIU EP]
- Lu Li: Translating C/C++ applications to a task-based representation. 2011. [LIU EP]
Thesis projectsFor information about thesis projects, see Christoph Kessler's exjobb-page.
Page responsible: Webmaster
Last updated: 2014-02-19