The course examination consists of two parts:
- The following excercises from the Tel book:
- Excercise 15.1 (page 502)
- Exercise 16.5 (page 518)
- Excercise 16.8 (page 519)
- The impossibility result by [FLP85] was later
by Dolev et al. in JACM 1/87. In particular, the notion of asynchrony
made more specific, e.g. as processor asynchrony, communication
message asynchrony. Explain how the original proof had to be modified
show that it holds in presence of synchronous processors.
- Design of a self-stablising algorithm (pdf).
The exercises are to be solved individually.
Deadline for handing out your solutions: Monday 22 December 2003.
For exercises handed in before the deadline, teacher's feedback will be
given by end of January. For exercises handed in after the deadline,
there is no timing guaranteed.
Last Modified 03-11-28