Introduction to Sensor Networks
Sensor networks have become more and more popular as a solution
to various large scale networked applications in very diverse areas.
This course is an introduction to the problematic of sensor networks.
The course addresses issues such as deployment and localization,
routing protocols and operating systems for wireless sensor networks,
design methodologies and security issues.
This course is organised, in cooperation with the Technical University
of Denmark, in the context of the
ARTIST2 European Network of
The course consists of two parts:
1) Two full days of lectures (total 12 hours).
2) Presentations by the course participants on selected topics.
Selected research papers.
Wireless Sensor Networks
Feng Zhao and Leonidas Guibas
Elsevier - Morgan Kaufmann, 2004
Technical report and seminar presentation.
Groups of two/three students will select a topic for preparation of a report
and seminar presentation.
Final grading will be based on the reports and presentations. All course participants are supposed to participate at
all lectures and presentations.
Prof. Jan Madsen, Technical University of Denmark
Ass. Prof. Srdjan Capkun, Technical University of Denmark
tel 28 13 96, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zebo Peng, tel 28 40 46, e-mail email@example.com
- Wednesday, May 10, in room John von Neumann: 9:15 - 12 and 13:15 - 16
by Prof. Jan Madsen, Technical University of Denmark
Introduction to Wireless Sensor Networks
- Deployment and Localization
- MAC and Routing Protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks
- Operating Systems for Wireless Sensor Networks
- Design Methodologies for Wireless Sensor Networks
- Thursday, May 11, in room John von Neumann: 9:15 - 12 and 13:15 - 16
by Ass. Prof. Srdjan Capkun, Technical University of Denmark.
- Overview of Security Issues in Sensor Networking
- Key Establishment in Sensor Networks (and for low-power devices)
- Secure Time Synchronization in Sensor Networks
- Secure Localization in Sensor Networks
Thursday, September 7, in room John von Neumann, 9:15 - 12 and 13:15 - 18:
- Power Control in Wireless Sensor Networks:
Alexandru Andrei, Ruxandra Pop
- Localization in Wireless Sensor Networks:
Michel Chedid, Anders Larsson
- Robust Routing:
Daniel Andreasson, Rickard Holsmark
- Target Interception Using Sensor Networks:
David Landén, Gianpaolo Conte
- Time synchronization:
Mikael Asplund, Soheil Samii, Zhiyuan He
- Personal Indoor Localization:
Lars Andersson, Pär Degerman, Anders Zachrisson