Former own projects
- Slicing the scientific literature (together with C. Baker, University of New Brunswick, Canada, and R. Kanagasabai, ASTAR, Singapore).
Development of a paradigm for literature search
that helps users formulate queries and search the scientific literature.
The system coordinates ontologies, knowledge representation,
text mining and NLP techniques to generate relevant
queries in response to keyword input from the user.
Queries are presented in natural language, translated to
formal query syntax and issued to a knowledge base of scientific
literature, documents or aligned document segments.
- Similarity-based grouping of biological data.
Development of method for similarity-based grouping of data entries.
Development of tool for evaluation of similarity-based grouping strategies
See also KitEGA.
- Integration of data sources.
Definiton of requirements for information integration systems for
biomedical databases. Development of small prototype integration system
(BioTRIFU). Identification of use of ontology-based information for
information integration. Development of strategies for identifying similar
See also BioTRIFU and KitEGA.
- Part-whole reasoning in description logics.
See my book Part-Whole Reasoning in an Object-Centered Framework,
Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence 1771, Springer Verlag,
2000, which is online at Springer's site.
- Knowledge-based information retrieval.
Former cooperation in projects
- Storage, management and integration of molecular interaction data (with Lena Strömbäck).
- Gene symbol disambiguation (with He Tan).
- EU NoE (with Michael Schröder et al.).
- Capabilities for BDI Agents (with Lin Padgham).
- Agent-based framework for integrating workflows and web services (with Nahid Shahmehri and Cecile Åberg).
- Category-based collusion-resistant key management for multicast (with Nahid Shahmehri and Claudiu Duma).
- Debugging of real-time systems (with Frank Gielen and Martin Timmerman).