VITAL 2.999.107.13 beta (2002-05-29)
This is an intermediate release, due to a bug in the previous VITAL installer. A
new version with additional updates and changes will be released later.
This is a beta versions and may contain bugs or other problems. Please
report any problems to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes since 2.999.107.10:
- Different packaging (should work better on current Java versions).
- Installer available for additional platforms.
- Null pointer exception bug fixed.
- The Missionaries and Cannibals narrative examples do not use the
object-orientation macros from Elaboration Tolerance through
Object-Orientation. Also, the narratives should be included in a modular form
where it is more clear what is used from the original narrative and what is part of
- Several functions in the GUI are not as 'polished' as they should be, and some
additional help is needed in certain places where the functions are not
- Some additional debugging code is turned on and some optimizations have been
turned off in order to catch potential problems earlier. The downloadable version
of VITAL is therefore a bit slower than the development version (but should still be
considerably faster than the previous release version, 2.329).
- To see any information printed by VITAL on standard output, you need to set the
environment variable LAX_DEBUG before running VITAL. On a Unix machine this can be
done using (for example) the env command: env LAX_DEBUG=t ./runVITALalpha.
You can download VITAL 2.999.107.13 beta here.
Last modified: Thu Mar 06 17:39:35 W. Europe Standard Time 2003