Sunday, October 12, 1997
- 7:00pm - 9:00pm Registration and Reception at Danford's Inn
Monday, October 13, 1997
- 9:00 - 10:00 Invited Talk: Temporal Logic Model Checking,
Ed Clarke, Carnegie Mellon University
- 10:30 - 12:30 Paper Sessions
- Session A: Semantics
- A Lazy Narrowing Calculus for Functional Logic Programming with Algebraic Polymorphic
Types. Puri Arenas-Sanchez and Mario Rodriguez-Artalejo
- Answer Sets for Prioritized Logic Programs.
Yan Zhang and Norman Y. Foo
- Generated Preferred Models and Extensions of Non-monotonic Systems.
Joeri Engelfriet and Heinrich Herre
- Comparative Metric Semantics for Commit in Or-Parallel Logic Programming. Eneia
Todoran, Jerry den Hartog and Erik de Vink
- Session B: Implementation
- The SBA: Exploiting Orthogonality in AND-OR Parallel Systems. Manuel Eduardo
Correia and Fernando Silva and Vítor Santos Costa
- Using Simics to Evaluate the Penny System. Johan Montelius and Peter Magnusson
- Extending a Concurrent Constraint Language by Propagators.
Tobias Müeller and Jörg Würtz
- 2:00 - 3:30: Tutorial: Logic
Programming Tools for Advanced Internet Programming, Paul Tarau
- 4:00 - 5:00 Paper Sessions
- Session A: Deductive Databases
- A Rational and Efficient Algorithm for View Deletion in Databases. Chandrabose
Aravindan and Peter Baumgartner
- NP Optimization Problems in Datalog.
Sergio Greco and Domenico Sacca
- Session B: Applications
- Prioritized Conflict Handling for Logic Programs.
Benjamin N. Grosof
- A Procedure for Mediation of Queries to Sources in Disparate Contexts
S. Bressan, C. H. Goh, T. Lee, S. Madnick, and M. Siegel
Tuesday, October 14, 1997
- 9:00 - 10:00 Invited Talk: Program Analysis via Graph Reachability,Tom Reps,
University of Wisconsin
- 10:30 - 12:00 Tutorial:Constraint Programming in Oz, Gert Smolka
- 1:30 - 3:00 Paper Sessions
- Session A: Disjunctive Logic Programming
- Calculi for Disjunctive Logic Programming. Peter
Baumgartner and Ulrich Furbach
- A Characterization of the Partial Stable Models For
Disjunctive Databases. Dietmar Seipel, Jack Minker, Carolina Ruiz
- Session B: Analysis
- Lower-bound Time-complexity Analysis of Logic Programs.
Andy King, Kish Shen and Florence Benoy
- Recursive Modes for Precise Analysis of Logic Programs.
Jichang Tan and I-Peng Lin
- Lower Bound Cost Estimation for Logic Programs.
S.K. Debray, P. Lopez-Garcia, Manuel Hermenegildo and Nai-Wei Lin
- 3:30 - 5:00 Tutorial: Set-based Program Analysis,
Wednesday, October 15, 1997
- 9:00 - 10:00 Invited Talk: Inductive Databases and Condensed Representations
for Data Mining Heikki Manilla, University of Helsinki
- 10:30 - 12:00 Tutorials
- 1:00 - 2:30 Poster Session
- 2:30 - 3:30 Paper Sessions
- Session A: Constraints
- Constraint Logic Programming with Hereditary Harrop Formulas. Javier Leach,
Susana Nieva and Mario Rodriguez-Artalejo
- On T Logic Programming. Agostino Dovier and Andrea Formisano and Alberto
- Property Maintenance for Reactive Constraint Systems.
Narendra Jussien and Patrice Boizumault
- Session B: Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Towards a Systematic Approach for Representing Knowledge in
Declarative Logic Programming. Michael Gelfond and Alfredo Gabaldon
- Compositionality of Normal Open Logic Programs.
Sofie Verbaeten, Marc Denecker, Danny De Schreye
- Approximate Reasoning about Actions in Presence of Sensing
and Incomplete Information. Chitta Baral and Tran Cao Son
- 4:00 - 5:30 Tutorials
- 7:00 - 11:00 Banquet at Port Jefferson Country Club
- Banquet Speaker: Jack Minker, University of Maryland at College Park.
Thursday, October 16, 1997
Post Conference Workshops
Friday, October 17, 1997
Post Conference Workshops
11 Aug 1997, Ulf Nilsson