||Personal Background and History
- I was born in 1945 in
a small town on the south-east coast of Sweden,
- ... but I grew up and went to school in
(70 km north of Stockholm).
- I continued at once with studies
in math and computer science at
- ... and spent one year (1966-67) at the
- This led to a Ph.D. in Uppsala in 1969.
- Margareta and I married in 1972. We have stuck together since,
and have two boys: Anton (born in 1973) and Örjan (born in
- I spent one year (1974-75) as visiting associate professor
at the MIT A I
Laboratory, and then continued to...
- a position as professor of computer science at
- I also spent a one-year sabbatical at
d'Analyse et d'Architecture des Systèmes) in Toulouse,
- I like languages. Besides Swedish, I'm fluent in
English and in French. I also read German,
Italian, and (with some difficulty) Spanish.
- Other interests - unfortunately I work too much and don't get enough time
for other things I'd like to do. Hope to return to them in a few years.
The following are the dates and events in stricter form:
(1945 Year of birth)
1964 Fil.kand. (B.Sc.) at Uppsala University
1966 Fil.lic. at Uppsala University
1966-67 Graduate student at Stanford University, Computer Science Department
1969 Ph.D. in computer science at Uppsala University
1969-75 Docent (associate professor) at Uppsala University
1970 Visiting researcher at Stanford University, Computer Science Department
1974-75 Visiting associate professor at MIT A I Laboratory
1975-now Professor of Computer Science at Linköping university
1993-94 Senior visiting researcher at LAAS, Toulouse, France
Latest update 2006-07-17.
This page is maintained by
Back to entry page.