I am a PhD student at the RTSlab of the Linköping University with interest on energy efficiency, mobile communication, wireless networking, distributed systems and green computing.
I obtained both my BSc and MSc degrees in Telecommunications Engineering from Mondragon university, Spain.
Apart from my research and the PhD courses, I teach in the following courses:
- Green computing (TDDD50)
- Distributed embedded software and networks (TDDI07)
- Perspektiv på informationsteknologi (TDDD39)
I have also defined and supervised several master and bachelor thesis projects with both research and industry assignments. For more information have a look at my Linkedin profile.
PhD thesis (expected spring 2016)
Licentiate thesis: Exploting Energy Awareness in Mobile Communication - October 2013 (Link)
- A. P. Biazino, M. Asplund, E. J. Vergara, and S. Nadjm-Tehrani, Cooperative Proxies: Optimally Trading Energy and Quality of Service in Mobile Devices, Computer Networks, Elsevier, vol. 75, 2014. doi:10.1016/j.comnet.2014.10.013. Available as PDF.
- E. J. Vergara, S. Nadjm-Tehrani, and M. Prihodko, EnergyBox: Disclosing the Wireless Transmission Energy Cost for Mobile Devices, Sustainable Computing: Informatics and Systems. Elsevier, 2014. doi:10.1016/j.suscom.2014.03.008. Available as PDF.
Conference and workshop publications:
- E. J. Vergara, M. Asplund and S. Nadjm-Tehrani. Sharing the Cost of Lunch: Energy Apportionment Policies. In Proceedings of the 11th ACM International Symposium on QoS and Security for Wireless and Mobile Networks (Q2SWinet'15). ACM, November 2015.
- M. Almquist, V. Almquist, E. J. Vergara, and S. Nadjm-Tehrani, Communication Energy Overhead of Mobile Games, in Proceedings of the Second ACM International Workshop on Mobile Gaming, MobiGames, ACM, May 2015. doi:10.1145/2751496.2751498. Available as PDF.
- E. J. Vergara, S. Andersson, and S. Nadjm-Tehrani, When Mice Consume Like Elephants: Instant Messaging Applications, in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Future Energy Systems: Where Energy, Computing and Communication Meet, e-Energy '14, ACM, 2014. Available as PDF.
- E. J. Vergara and S. Nadjm-Tehrani, Watts2Share: Energy-Aware Traffic Consolidation, in In Proceedings of the International Conference on Green Computing and Communications (GreenCom), 2013, IEEE, August 2013. Available as PDF.
- E. J. Vergara, J. Sanjuan, and S. Nadjm-Tehrani, Kernel Level Energy-Efficient 3G Background Traffic Shaper for Android Smartphones, in Proceedings of the 9th International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC), 2013, IEEE, 2013. Available as PDF.
- E. J. Vergara, M. Prihodko, and S. Nadjm-Tehrani, Mobile Location Sharing: An Energy Consumption Study, in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Future Energy Systems: Where Energy, Computing and Communication Meet. Poster session, e-Energy '13, ACM, 2013. Available as PDF.
- E. J. Vergara and S. Nadjm-Tehrani, EnergyBox: A Trace-driven Tool for Data Transmission Energy Consumption Studies, in Proceedings of the International Conference on Energy Efficiency in Large Scale Distributed Systems (EE-LSDS 2013), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer, April 2013. Available as PDF.
- E. J. Vergara and S. Nadjm-Tehrani, Energy-aware Cross-layer Burst Buffering for Wireless Communication, in Third International Conference on Future Energy Systems: Where Energy, Computing and Communication Meet (e-Energy 2012), (Madrid, Spain), May 2012. Available as PDF.
- M. Asplund, A. Thomasson, E. J. Vergara, and S. Nadjm-Tehrani. Software-related energy footprint of a wireless broadband module. In Proceedings of the 9th ACM International Symposium on Mobility Management and Wireless Access (MobiWac'11). ACM, November 2011.
The result of my master thesis:
- E. J. Vergara, S. Nadjm-Tehrani, M. Asplund, and U. Zurutuza, Resource Footprint of a Manycast Protocol Implementation on Multiple Mobile Platforms, in The Fifth IEEE International Conference on Next Generation Mobile Applications, Services and Technologies, 2011. NGMAST '11., IEEE, Sept. 2011. Available as PDF.
The following book chapter resulted from the collaboration of several researchers in the area of green wireless networking:
V. Bernardo, T. Braun, M. Curado, M. Fiedler, D. Hock, T. Hoss- mann, K. A. Hummel, P. Hurni, S. Ickin, A. Jamakovic-Kapic, S. Nadjm-Tehrani, T. A. Trinh, E. J. Vergara, F. Wamser and T. Zinner. Green Wireless Energy Efficiency in Wireless Networks. In Large-Scale Distributed Systems and Energy Efficiency, pages 81-130. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2015.