TDDC78 lectures and lessons (2012)
Lectures and lessons are given in English.
Overview and organization.
Parallel computer architecture concepts (1) (CK)
- Parallel computer architecture concepts (2) (UD)
- Guest lecture and guided tour: Introduction to NSC systems (Peter Kjellström, NSC)
TOP500 and trends in supercomputer architecture.
Design of parallel programs I (UD)
- Memory hierarchy (PK)
- Design of parallel programs II (CK)
- MPI (CK)
- OpenMP (CK)
Data-parallel programming, Introduction to Fortran90 (MK)
OpenMP and MPI advanced issues (CK),
Mid-term evaluation by muddy cards (CK)
Tools for performance analysis (CK)
- Parallelizing heavy computations I (MK)
- Parallelizing heavy computations II (MK)
- Design and analysis of parallel algorithms I (CK)
- Load balancing and data distribution (MK)
Design and analysis of parallel algorithms II;
Dataparallel algorithms (CK)
Lesson 1: Introduction to the lab series and MPI (UD)
Lesson 2: pthreads, OpenMP (UD)
--- Easter break ---
- Lecture notes for the lectures by Christoph Kessler (CK) and Usman Dastgeer (UD) are made available electronically for registered students on this page.
Lecture notes and a compendium covering the lectures by Marco Kupiainen (MK)
is available electronically for registered students
on this page.
Reading directions by H. Branden
- For further literature, see the literature list.
- Lecture notes for the lessons can be downloaded from the lab page.
- Optional theory exercises that you may use to practise on your own.
Page responsible: Webmaster
Last updated: 2012-05-07