Mid-term evaluation of DF14900 Software Engineering (2011)
The following comments were brought up in the mid-term evaluation
of the CUGS PhD course DF14900 Software Engineering on 12 jan 2011:
- Course gives good overview
- Very interesting topics
- Clear course material
- Good presentation structures
- Very good explanations
- Use of comprehensive examples
- Good tempo
- Easy to listen and take notes
- Compact course format: useful to follow the course without interruptions
- Good to include SaS seminar presentation of recent related work
- Time for discussion about specific problems and previous experiences
- Great cookies and coffee ;-)
- Compact course format:
Little time to think things through before moving on to the next subject (which may build on the previous)
- Testing with Mariam was covered much too quickly, that area
needs be given more time. Presenting 95 slides in 45 minutes is a joke!
- Testing topic was not so clear
- Some slides are not numbered
- Conference room needs better ventilation
- Some practice may be helpful to complement the theory
- Provide more information about what to expect for the (oral) exam,
as the course is very broad in terms of subjects.
It seems that the course is running very well.
We have ordered a fix of the ventilation system
in the room Herbert Simon.
Next time we will allocate more time for testing (again).
This year we had to cut it in order to accommodate the
SaS seminar presentation on recent testing research.