TTIT33 Tema: Algorithms and Optimization (2006)
This course has two components:
- The Computer Science component discusses commonly used data structures and their algorithms . After having completed the course you should know:
- basic notions and techniques used for analysis of time complexity of algorithms,
- the most common Abstract Data Types such as stack, queue, priority queue, dictionary, graph, and techniques of their implementation,
- commonly used algorithms for some fundamental problems, such as sorting, searching and selection.
- commonly used techniques of algorithm design, such as divide-and-conquer, dynamic programming and greedy technique.
- The Optimization component discusses commonly used techniques
solving combinatorial optimization problems, using the above
mentioned data structures and
algorithms. After having completed the
course you should be able to:
- identify, model and classify combinatorial optimization problems,
- solve the problems,
- analyze them
using techniques of complexity theory.
||A summary of midterm evaluation
is placed here.
Thanks a lot for your comments.
The dates of the oral
exam are December 12, 2006
and January 15, 2007.
|| The homepage is under
revision. More changes may be introduced before course start on October