TDDI08 Embedded Systems Design
RulesBefore you read the information on this Web page and before you register for the labs, please spend some time to read the
that we apply to conduct the laboratory work in this course. In addition to what you just read by following the abovementioned link,
- a lab group consists of 1 or 2 students (preferably 2!)
- the members in a lab group must work together during the whole course, and
- a lab group is not allowed to work on more than one computer during the scheduled lab sessions.
If you have any questions, or if you are not sure about the exact meaning of any of the rules, you must consult the course leader or the lab assistants before you start working with the labs.
Lessons and laboratory sessions
The course includes six laboratory sessions (two hours each) and two lessons. The lessons give an introduction to the labs and an opportunity for the students to further clarify issues regarding the labs. The lessons are held by Adrian Lifa, who is also the lab assistant.
- Lesson 1: SystemC - slides will be available before the lesson
- January 22, 17.15-19.00, S10.
- Lesson 2: MPARM simulator - slides will be available before the lesson
- February 6, 15.15-17.00, P36.
1. Modeling and simulation with SystemC
Examination: To pass this lab, you must hand in a written report (pdf) that explains your solution, plus all the source files.
2. Design space exploration with the MPARM simulator
Examination: To pass this lab, you must hand in a written report (pdf) that explains your solution to each of the proposed assignments.
Page responsible: Petru Eles
Last updated: 2015-01-29
You are expected to read and prepare the material related to the lab before going to the supervised laboratory sessions. In this way, you may take more advantage of the laboratory time.
You must choose your lab partner and sign up for the labs through a Web interface. The deadline for lab registration is January 31, 2015.
DeadlineThe deadline for handing in the lab reports is Sunday, March 22, 2015, 23:59. Note that all reports that are handed in after the lab deadline will be corrected when your assistant has time. The next corresponding LADOK registration will be end of June.
The laboratory part of this course comprises two separate labs. To prepare for a lab, study its tutorial by following the corresponding link below, and try the presented examples. The assignments for each lab are found in its tutorial.