TDDI07 Distributed embedded software and networks
The reading material in this course will primarily be based on articles and book chapters that are available electronically (to LiU students), and will be linked from this page. Login with your LiU-ID when accessing from outside university. The lectures page will provide detailed information of reading guidelines.
- [VDMC08] Verdone, Dardari, Mazzini, Conti, Wireless Sensor and Actuator Networks Technologies: Analysis and Design , Elsevier, 2008. The book can be found as an electronic resource by searching for the book title on Unisearch at the university web page.
- [Bou06] Boukerche, Azzedine (editor), Handbook of Algorithms for Wireless Networking and Mobile Computing, Chapman and Hall/CRC 2006 electronic resource
- [Kop97] Kopetz, H. Real-Time Systems : Design Principles for Distributed Embedded Applications, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1997 electronic resource
- [CPMA13] Carrano, R.; Passos, D.; Magalhaes, L.; Albuquerque, C., "Survey and Taxonomy of Duty Cycling Mechanisms in Wireless Sensor Networks," Communications Surveys & Tutorials, IEEE doi: 10.1109/SURV.2013.052213.00116 link
- [Gna09] Gnawali, Omprakash and, Fonseca, Rodrigo and Jamieson, Kyle and Moss, David and Levis, Philip "Collection tree protocol", in Proceedings of the 7th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '09). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 1-14. link
- [WTJ+11] Geng Wu, Shilpa Talwar, Kerstin Johnsson, Nageen Himayat and Kevin D. Johson "M2M: From Mobile to Embedded Internet", IEEE Communications Magazin, April 2011, link
- [NBG+11] Nabi, M.; Blagojevic, M.; Geilen, M.; Basten, T., "Dynamic data prioritization for quality-of-service differentiation in heterogeneous Wireless Sensor Networks," Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks (SECON), 2011 8th Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference on , doi: 10.1109/SAHCN.2011.5984911
- [EBS03] El-Gendy, Bose and Shin, "Evolution of the Internet QoS and Support for Soft Real-Time Applications", Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 91, no. 7, July 2003 link
- [Lam01] Leslie Lamport Paxos made simple pdf
Extra reading material
- [ASSC02] Akyildiz, Su, Sankarasubramaniam and Cayirci, "Wireless sensor networks: a survey", Computer Networks, Volme 38, Issue 4, 2002, link
- [EGKM05] Eugster, Guerraoui, Kermarrec, and Massoulie, "Epidemic information dissemination in distributed systems", IEEE Computer, volume 37, issue 5, 2005 link
- [GEOF05] Geoffrey Werner-Allen, Geetika Tewari, Ankit Patel, Matt Welsh, and Radhika Nagpal. "Firefly-inspired sensor network synchronicity with realistic radio effects", In Proceedings of the 3rd international conference on Embedded networked sensor systems (SenSys '05). link
- [IEEE06] IEEE Standard 820.15.4-2006
- [ZAC13] S. Zhang, M. Asplund, V. Cahill, "Reliable Broadcast in Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks" in Proceedings of The 9th IEEE International Wireless Communications & Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC 2013), July 2013. DOI: 10.1109/IWCMC.2013.6583802
- Jie Liu, Bodhi Priyantha, Ted Hart, Heitor S. Ramos, Antonio A. F. Loureiro, and Qiang Wang. 2012. Energy efficient GPS sensing with cloud offloading. In Proceedings of the 10th ACM Conference on Embedded Network Sensor Systems (SenSys '12). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 85-98. DOI=10.1145/2426656.2426666
- Ravi, Srivaths and Raghunathan, Anand and Kocher, Paul and Hattangady, Sunil, Security in Embedded Systems: Design Challenges, 2004.
- Tamper Resistance Mechanisms for Secure Embedded Systems, Ravi, S. and Raghunathan, A. and Chakradhar, S., 2004
- Eran Rippel, Security Challenges in Embedded Designs, Discretix Technologies, Ltd., 2009
- Online course on artifical intelligence by Udacity. Lession 3 is of special interest to the localisation part of this course. Unfortunately, you have to sign up to the whole course to see the lesson. Artificial Intelligence for Robotics at Udacity.
Page responsible: Mikael Asplund
Last updated: 2014-01-15