TDDD53 Advanced Interaction Design
AimThe student shall develop advanced knowledge in methods and theory for interaction design. After the course, the student shall be able to:
- Use methods and techniques for concept design and detailed design to define problems and alternative solutions for digital interactive products and services.
- Give an account of system objectives, and analyse design qualities and user experience for digital interactive products and services.
- Define purpose, content, and form for digital interactive products and services.
- Argue for one's interaction design ideas using multimedia, visualisations, or oral and written presentation.
- Summarise and analyse the meaning of concepts from interaction design and use them to analyse design work.
Course contentThe course is conducted as a collaboration with industry and focuses on designing interactive experiences. The core of the course is a group project with an external client. A document detailing all the assignments can be found here.
Project hold timesSuggested times to guide the projects:
- 9/9 - desicion about three concept ideas to take forward
- 21/9 - the group should have decided on one concept to prototype
- 5/10 - prototyping finished
LecturesDuring the course, the following lectures will be given:
- Introduction and asssignments Tue 30/8 at 10:15-12 in P42 (Johan Blomkvist)
- User Experience Design Tue 6/9 at 10:15-12 in A31 (Johan Blomkvist)
- Creativity and Design Methods and creativity in design Tue 13/9 at 10:15-12 in A31 (Johan Blomkvist)
- Ubiquitous computing Fri 16/9 at 15:15-17 in A25 (Magnus Bång, together with TDDD90)
- Prototyping experiences Tue 20/9 at 10:15-12 in A31 (Johan Blomkvist)
Designstudios ("Teaching session" in the time table)
- Wed 31/8 at 8:15-10 in R41
- Fri 16/9 at 15:15-17 in P42
- Wed 21/9 at 8:15-10 in A31
- Tue 27/9 at 10:15-12 in A31
- Thu 29/9 at 13:15-17 in S26
- Wed 5/10 at 8:15-10 in A25
- Thu 8/9 at 13:15-17 in A24
- Thu 22/9 at 13:15-17 in A24
Final presentationsThursday 13/10 at 13:15-17
Presentations are made at the external client's location.
Project groups and assignments... can be found here.
Page responsible: Johan Blomkvist
Last updated: 2016-09-22