TDDD12 Database Technology
To do the labs, follow the following four steps:
1. Register to the labs
Register in pairs no later than 2015-03-31.
2. Set up the environment
Follow the instructions detailed here.
3. Do the labsThe lab exercises are based on an existing database and, thus, it is important that you study the database first. The database and the exercises can be found here:
- Labs 1 and 2 (you may want to work on this ppt version of the ER diagram in lab 2)
- Labs 3 and 4 (project)
The labs are done in MySQL.
4. Handing in the labs
The answers to the lab exercises should be handed by the following dates:
- Lab 1 (SQL queries and views): 2015-04-15
- Lab 2 (Database design and ER modeling): 2015-04-24
- Lab 3 (Normalization): 2015-04-28
- Lab 4a (Design and project ER modeling, plus translation to relations): 2015-04-30. Note that this hand in is required (with decent quality) for you to attend the mandatory teaching session 2.
- Lab 4b (Implementation): Examination date (check it here)
- The final (approved) project code (queries and stored procedures) should be sent to Urkund to the address email@example.com. The code should be attached as a file coursecode_year_student1_student2.txt (e.g. TDDD12_2015_jospe50_jospe51.txt). This will be used to check for plagiarism.
- Those that did not finish some lab by the corresponding deadline can hand it in later. The lab will be corrected in connection with the next examination retake. However, this only applies to the two retakes inmediately after the course ended. After that, the whole lab series must be redone.
Page responsible: Jose M. Pe?
Last updated: 2015-04-17