TDDD12 Database Technology
To do the labs, follow the following four steps:
1. Register to the labs
Register in a lab group of two no later than march the 31st.
2. Set up the environment
Follow the instructions detailed here.
3. Do the labsThe lab exercises are based on an existing database and that is why it is important to study the database first:
The labs are done in MySQL, with the exception of labs 3 and 4a. The labs 3 and 4 are done in their respective teaching session. Check the lectures and schedule in the menu to the left.
You can visit your lab assistant these times: Zlatan, and Valentina. Note that under the project your lab assistant will not always be present in the lab rooms. You can always contact him/her via e-mail.
4. Handing in the labs
The answers to the lab exercises should be handed by the following dates:
- Lab 1 (SQL queries and views): no later than 2014-04-02
- Lab 2 (Database design and ER modeling): no later than 2014-04-09
- Lab 3 (Normalization): no later than 2014-04-28
- Lab 4a (Design an project ER modeling, plus translation to relations): no later than 2014-04-30 (TDDD12)
- Lab 4b (Implementation): no later than 2014-05-27
- The final (approved) project code (queries and stored procedures) should be sent to Urkund to the address email@example.com. The code should be attached as a file coursecode_year_student1_student2.txt (e.g. TDDD12_2014_jospe50_jospe51.txt). This will be used to check for plagiarism.
- August 2014, for labs handed in no later than 2014-08-23.
- October 2014, for labs handed in no later than 2014-10-20.
- After these dates, the whole lab series must be redone.
Rules for examination of computer lab assignments at IDA
You are expected to do lab assignments in group or individually, as instructed for a course. However, examination is always based on individual performance.
It is not allowed to hand in solutions copied from other students, or from elsewhere, even if you make changes to the solutions. If there is suspicion of such, or any other form of cheating, teachers are obliged to report it to the University Disciplinary Board.
Be prepared to answer questions about detailes in specific code and its connection to theory. You may also be asked to explain why you have chosen a specific solution. This applies to all group members.
If you foresee problems meeting a deadline, contact your teacher. You can then get some help and maybe the deadline can be set to a later date. It is always better to discuss problems, instead of, e.g., to cheat.
Any kind of academic dishonesty, such as cheating, e.g. plagiarism or use of unauthorized assistance, and failure to comply with university examination rules, may result in the filing of a complaint to the University Disciplinary Board. The potential penalties include suspension, warning.
Policy for handing in computer lab assignments at IDA
For all IDA courses having computer lab assignments there will be one deadline during or at the end of the course. If you fail to make the deadline, you must retake the, possibly new, lab course the next time the course is given.
If a course deviates from this policy, information will be given on the course web pages.
Page responsible: Jose M. Peña
Last updated: 2014-03-26