TDDD10 AI Programming
The schedule for the first period of the course is available from the schedule server.
- Tu 13-17 SU14 La 1-2 Cyrille Practical introduction to RoboCup and RoboSoc
- We 10-12 R37 Le 2 Cyrille Implementing Skills in RoboSoc, slides [PDF].
- Mo 08-10 P34 Le 3 Cyrille Agents and Agent Architectures, slides [PDF].
- Chapters 1-5 in the course book.
- Almost equivalent to chapter 1 and 2:
- Michael Wooldridge, Intelligent Agents in G. Weiss, editor: Multiagent Systems, The MIT Press, April 1999, [PDF]
- Almost equivalent to section 3.2:
- Yoav Shoham, Agent Oriented Programming, Journal of Artificial Intelligence , 60(1), pp.51-92, 1993
- Almost equivalent to chapter 5:
- Erann Gat, On Three-Layer Architectures, 1998, [PS]
- Fr 8-10 R34 Le 4 Cyrille Multiagent systems I: Introduction and Communication, slides [PDF].
- Almost equivalent to chapter 7:
- Y. Labrou, T. Finin, and Y. Peng, Agent Communication Languages: The Current Landscape, 1999, [PDF]
- Mo 08-10 P36 Le 5 Cyrille Multiagent systems II: Multiagent Decision Making, slides [PDF].
- Chapters 11-13 in the course book.
- Fr 8-10 P36 Le 6 Cyrille Multiagent Systems III: Cooperation and Coordination, slides [PDF].
- Chapters 8, 14, and 15 in the course book.
- Mo 08-10 P36 Le 7 Cyrille Machine Learning I, slides [PDF].
- We 10-12 R37 Se 1 Cyrille Discuss skill assignment. Each group is supposed to present their approach to implementing the skills in the skill assignment. The idea is to provide feedback on current approaches and to find even better solutions together. It is also a perfect opportunity to ask questions about the skill assignment.
- Mo 08-10 P34 Le 8 Cyrille Machine Learning II, slides [PDF].
- We 10-12 R36 Le 9 Cyrille Knowledge Representation and Opponent Modeling, slides [PDF].
- L. Vila, A Survey on Temporal Reasoning in Artificial Intelligence, AI Communications, vol 7 pp 4-28, 1994.
- C. Luca and M. Angelo, Temporal representation and reasoning in artificial intelligence: Issues and approaches, Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence, vol 28 pp 47-106, 2000. [PDF]
- R. Dechter, I. Meiri, and J. Pearl, Temporal constraint networks, Journal of Artificial Intelligence, vol 49 pp 61-95, 1991.
- J. F. Allen, Towards a General Theory of Action and Time, Journal of Artificial Intelligence, vol 23 pp 123-154, 1984.
- Parsons, S. and Hunter, A., A review of uncertainty handling formalisms, in Applications of uncertainty formalisms (A. Hunter and S. Parsons, eds.) Springer Verlag, 1998, [PS, PDF]
- P. Stone, P. Riley, and M. Veloso, Defining and Using Ideal Teammate and Opponent Agent Models, 2000, [PS]
- Mo 08-10 P34 Le 10 Cyrille AI Programming - Putting it all together, slides [PDF].
- We 10-12 R36 Se 2 Cyrille Discuss multiagent systems. It is not obvious how to take theory about multiagent systems and apply it to RoboCup. One goal of this seminar is to discuss how theories and approaches presented at the lectures can be used in RoboCup. The purpose is to reduce the gap between theory and practice. During the seminar we will also discuss what abstractions would be nice to have when implementing the solutions in RoboCup.
- Mindmap over types of coordinated actions in RoboCup.
- Mindmap over concepts for coordinating actions. The black node in the middle is the center of the mindmap. The red nodes are those which an agent can control and the blue nodes are those that result from many agents controlling their red nodes. The blue nodes represent desired outcomes from controlling the red nodes.
- A list of potential abstraction for implementing coordination.
Summary from HT2007:
- We 10-12 P36 Se 3 Cyrille Discuss machine learning. There are many practical issues when trying to use machine learning approaches in RoboCup. For example, how to collect good training data for neural networks or how to create a small and representative state space for reinforcement learning. Since many groups choose to work on machine learning it seems relevant to have a seminar where we can discuss these issues. Summary of discussion from HT2008: [PDF].
The schedule for the second period of the course is available from the schedule server.-->
Page responsible: Fredrik Heintz
Last updated: 2012-08-30