TDDC87 Introduction to IT infrastructures
The main goal of the project:
To study aspects of IT infrastructure and to examine what technological solutions that are available today on the market or are being developed and what impact they have on organizations
- The groups together with their supervisor choose the topic that is based on your own interest.
- The project report can describe, for instance, IT infrastructure at a specific company (from a technical perspective) or it can be a deeper study of a certain/specific technological subject.
Project report structure:
- Title page
- Background, objectives/aim, method to perform the study
- Technology description
- MAX 8000 Words
- Webreg via course home page
- Deadline 30 Oct, 5 PM
- First name in each group is the project leader and the group contact person.
- Administrative questions only
- Response within 24 h
- [TDDC87 Group name] Topic
- Two compulsory supervison meetings
- One optional supervison meeting (Contact your supervisor)
Time for supervision will be announced at the course home page after group sign-in!
- Technical description
- Time plan
- Divison of work
- Chosen method
To discuss att first supervison meeting
Deadline: 6 Nov, 5 PM
Evaluation criteria 1:
- The report must show good own understanding of technical aspects of the described IT infrastructure
- Issues such as :computer architecture, Operating systems , computer networks as well as security issues have to be included
Evaluation criteria 2:
- Analysis, application of the technology in a business, organization, home environment , ect.
- Problem definition, objectives of the study, the results.
- Report as a whole. Structure, readability, layout, style.
- 30 points = 3
- 40 points = 4
- 45 points = 5
Example: Cash cards:
- Utility of cash cards
- Alternative areas of use
- How they work
- System architecture
- Operative system
- Effects for the organization or the individual
Example: Project topics:
- Net doctor
- Virtual servers
- Online poker
- Friday 6 Nov, 5 PM
- Project plan to your supervisor
- Wednesday 25 Nov, 5 PM
- Hand-i exercises
- Wednesday 9 Dec, in time for the seminar
- Final version of your report
- Supervision meeting 1:
- GRA -
- GRB - Pierre Anderberg - meeting schedule.
- Supervision meeting 2:
Page responsible: Vivian Vimarlund
Last updated: 2009-11-29