729A97 Language Engineering Systems
SEM1 2 poäng - Seminars (U,G)
PROJ 4 poäng - Project (U,G,VG)
To get a final grade for the course you will need to pass both examination parts. To get a final grade with distinction (”Väl godkänd”) you will need to pass the project with distinction.
To pass this part of the examination you will need to:
- give a 10-minute presentation of a research article in the area of natural language processing in a seminar
- actively participate in the other seminars of the reading group
- write a literature review in preparation of your project work (500 words)
- Reading group: 2016-02-02–2016-02-03
- Deadline for the literature review: 2016-02-05
To pass this part of the examination you will have to plan, carry out and present a larger project work (ca. 100 hours). Your grade will be based on two assignments: a project plan (20%) and a project report (80%).
You will put together a proposal for the project that you will work on for the rest of the course. The proposal should consist of a short but complete description of your project, at most three A4-pages (including references) written in Times New Roman, 12 points. The proposal should follow the guidelines for writing research programmes that are used by the Swedish Research Council.
You will also give a 10-minute presentation about your project during a seminar.
- Deadline for the first version of the project proposal: 2016-02-15
- Project proposal seminar: 2016-02-16–2016-02-17
- Deadline for the second version of the project proposal: 2016-02-19
You will report your project in a paper following the guidelines of Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics. You will also give a 20-minute presentation about your project in a final seminar.
- Deadline for the first version of the project report: 2016-03-18
- Final seminar: 2016-03-22–2016-03-23
- Deadline for the second version of the project report: 2016-04-01
Each assignment has a specified deadline. In connection with this deadline, the examiner allocates time for assessing the assignment; you will receive this assessment within ten working days from the deadline. Late hand-ins and supplemental assignments will be assessed in connection with the final deadline, which is on 2016-06-10.
Page responsible: Marco Kuhlmann
Last updated: 2016-02-14