Modelica language design
- Investigate Modelica completeness and when necessary introduce new constructs to Modelica language
- Compare Object-oriented features of Modelica with other object-oriented languages
- Investigate how different simulation types - continuous and discrete can be used in Modelica
- Give exact formal semantics to the language
- Create books and graduate courses on Modelica
Modelica associationWe participate in efforts of Modelica Association in language design. Visit the main site www.Modelica.org for latest Modelica documents, libraries, publications and meetings.
- Paper on object oriented aspects of Modelica language
- Paper of David Kågedal Modelica Natural Semantics . The formal definition is used for compiler generation.
- Master thesis of David Kågedal A Natural Semantics Specification for the Equation-based Modeling Language Modelica (.ps.gz, 160 pp., 150 KB) , LiTH-IDA-Ex-98/48.
- Paper of Peter Fritzson and Peter Bunus Modelica, A General Object-Oriented Language for Continuous and Discrete-Event System Modeling and Simulation (16 pages, 1.2MB, PDF), in Proceedings of the 35th Annual Simulation Symposium, San Diego, April 14-18, 2002.
- Book chapters: The 1st chapter of book by Peter Fritzson Introduction to Modelica (49 pages, 220 KB, PDF)
- Course: Graduate course on principles of object-oriented modeling languages by Peter Fritzson
- Contact: Peter Fritzson,
Page responsible: Webmaster
Last updated: 2012-05-07