OpenModelica Development Course at PELAB
August 30-31, 2007
Location of the course
Location: Linköping University,
Building: Building B at IDA/PELAB,
Room: Donald Knuth
Preliminary Course Contents
IMPORTANT: This is not an introductory Modelica course. Basic knowledge of Modelica is assumed.
Depending on time, specific issues of participants can also be discussed.
Preliminary Course Agenda
August 30: 09:15->17:00 (7 hours + 1 hour lunch) DAY 1
- Introduction to OpenModelica (Håkan Lundvall)
- OpenModelica OMShell usage session (Håkan Lundvall)
- load/simulate/plot exercise
- OpenModelica OMNotebook usage session (Håkan Lundvall)
- explore DrModelica notebooks
- write a small model and simulate it
- Introduction to MetaModelica (Adrian Pop)
- LUNCH 12:00->13:00
- Introduction to the OpenModelica MDT Eclipse Plugin (Adrian Pop)
- Modelica Perspective functionality
- Debugging functionality
- MetaModelica exercises (Adrian Pop)
Functional programming in MetaModelica, Model transformations and symbolic programming
Skeletos as Modelica projects in Eclipse, participants will only implement small parts.
- 01_experiment -> types, functions, constants, printing values
- 02a_exp1, 02b_exp2 -> adding new features to a small language
- 03_assignment -> printing values
- 04a_assigntwotype, 04b_modassigntwotype -> adding a new type to a language
- 05_advanced -> polymorphic and higher order functions
- Presentation and discussion of solution to Exercises (Part I) (Adrian Pop)
August 31: 09:15->17:00 (7 hours + 1 hour lunch) DAY 2
- Introduction to OpenModelica compiler (Adrian Pop)
- Structure, info about modules, etc
- Exercise: 06_OMCAndCorba -> Communication with OMC via Corba from Java
- Presentation and discussion of solution to exercises (Part II) (Adrian Pop)
- LUNCH 12:00->13:00
- Advanced OpenModelica compiler development topics (Peter Aronsson, Adrian Pop)
- How to adapt code generator to specific needs,
- How to access the flat Modelica intermediate form,
- Programming AST transformations in the compiler,
- How to add simple functionality to the compiler.
- Additional MetaModelica Exercises
- Presentation and discussion of solution to exercises (Part III)
We will use the following software:
Notes on Software
- Windows - We will have CDs and a USB memory stick with all the software needed for Windows.
- Linux/Mac - We will also have the sources needed to compile/install on Linux for:
OpenModelica, MetaModelica compiler, Mico 2.3.12, Antlr 2.7.6, MetaModelica exercises, Eclipse 3.2/MDT 0.7.1 or Eclipse 3.3/MDT 0.7.2
If you can install some of the needed software in advance things will go a lot faster.
We developed a set of MetaModelica exercises we will work with:
The exercises are available for download here.
Please read the Software information and README.txt concerning the software dependencies.
Teachers and instructors:
Last updated August 28, 2007 by Adrian Pop [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Please contact Adrian Pop for any problems.