for academic use of the I*Link Interactive Word Alignment System
The I*Link Interactive Word Alignment System is a software system developed at the Natural Language Processing Laboratory of the Department of Computer and Information Science, Linköpings universitet as part of the projects "From parallel corpora to translation databases" funded by Vetenskapsrådet and "Corpus-Based Machine Translation" funded by VINNOVA.
The people active in the system's development are Lars Ahrenberg (project leader), Mikael Andersson, Magnus Merkel and Michael Petterstedt who are jointly referred to as The Developer in this document.
THE I*Link SYSTEM is distributed free of charge for academic use only. By installing or using the system you agree to all conditions stated in this document.
The current version is 0.9.
YOU AGREE THAT
1. Academic use means only those uses and purposes associated with academic research and/or academic education, incorporating or based upon I*Link or any copies of I*Link, and excludes the development or commercial exploitation of any product or prototype product incorporating, using or based upon I*Link or any parts of I*Link.
2. You are given a non-exclusive license to use I*Link for academic use as defined above, upon all the terms and conditions contained in this agreement.
3. Any copies that you make of the system must include all parts and components supplied with the original system, including this licence agreement. Text files and resource files that you have created yourself or obtained from other sources may be excluded, however, and must be so if you are not title to copyright.
4. You shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized use is made of I*Link and of any copy thereof that you may distribute.
5. No hardware, software or any other copy of I*Link or of part of I*Link shall be made for any purposes not expressly permitted in this document, nor shall you lend, hire, sell, or in any other way distribute copies of I*Link requesting payment of any kind.
6. You acknowledge that I*Link is supplied "as is", without any accompanying services or improvements from the Developer.
7. The Developer makes no warranty, express, or implied, as to the accuracy, capability, efficiency, merchantability, or functioning of I*Link and its documentation. In no event will the Developer be liable for any general, consequential, indirect, incidental, exemplary or special damages, even if the Developer has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The Developer makes no representations or warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose or that the use of the licensed software components or documentation will not infringe any patents, copyrights, trademarks or other rights.
8. If you, or any authorized user at your site, publish any work to which I*Link has contributed directly or indirectly, you shall acknowledge I*Link by name in the publication.
9. This agreement shall be construed and interpreted
in accordance with the laws of Sweden. The parties to
this agreement shall try to come to an amicable
settlement of controversies or disputes arising out if
this agreement or about its validity. Should they fail to
settle them amicably, the dispute shall be settled by
arbitration in accordance with the Rules of the
Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of
Commerce then prevailing.
10. Should you or anyone acting on your behalf wilfully fail to comply with any of the conditions in this agreement (save with the written consent of the Developer) this agreement shall terminate after 1 month's notice in writing from the Developer. Upon termination of this agreement the Licensee shall return I*Link and all copies or portions thereof to the Developer.
11. Failure by the Developer to exercise or enforce any rights in this agreement shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right nor operate so as to bar the exercise or enforcement thereof.
12. All communication to the Developer shall be sent to:
Natural Language Processing Laboratory (NLPLAB)