Erik Sandewall is professor of computer science at Linköping University, Sweden, since 1975. His research activities are in two areas: first, artificial intelligence methods for cognitive robotics and their use in systems for human-computer and human-robot interaction and, secondly, new methods for communication of scientific results, including electronic publication.
- I was born in 1945 in Oskarshamn, a small town on the south-east coast of Sweden,
- ... but I grew up and went to school in Uppsala, Sweden (70 km north of Stockholm).
- I continued at once with studies in math and computer science at Uppsala University,
- ... and spent one year (1966-67) at the Stanford A.I. laboratory.
- This led to a Ph.D. in Uppsala in 1969.
- Margareta and I married in 1972. We have stuck together since, and have two boys: Anton (born in 1973) and Örjan (born in 1976).
- I spent one year (1974-75) as visiting associate professor at the MIT AI Laboratory, and then continued to...
- a position as professor of computer science at Linköping university(since 1975).
- I also spent a one-year sabbatical at LAAS (Laboratoire d'Analyse et d'Architecture des Systèmes) in Toulouse, France (1993-94).
Senast uppdaterad: 2014-05-08