Cognitive Autonomous Systems Laboratory
Research Platform: The Robotic Dialog Environment
The Robotic Dialog Environment (RDE) is being developed
jointly within the CASL group since mid-2002. Its immediate
purpose, when first developed, was to serve as the dialog
interface for the autonomous UAV:s in the WITAS project.
Its main components are therefore:
Please click 'WITAS RDE' in the menu for additional
information about the structure of the RDE.
- A robotic dialog system that gradually evolves into
an autonomous system for operator assistance (AOA);
- Simulation facilities that can be used in the place
of the actual, robotic UAV when developing the dialog
- Software infrastructure, that is, various support
system for facilitating the development and the use
of the first two subsystems.
Besides the immediate goal in the WITAS context, our RDE
development also serves the following purposes:
Please refer to the 'Thesis projects' menu items for additional
information about CASL projects having used RDE in some of
these ways. A forthcoming 'SIA-Leonardo' section will
describe projects that use the RDE as a type application.
- As a platform for continued work: particular aspects
of dialog systems can be investigated by building an
extension to existing systems in the RDE;
- As a toolbox: modules and parts of the RDE can be
taken out and reused, after adaptation if necessary,
for individual CASL projects;
- As a 'type application' in the work on software technology
for lifecycle computing systems.
Posted on 2005-05-16 as part of the