Artificial Intelligence Journal Editorial Website
About the Artificial Intelligence Journal Division
The editorial process of the Artificial Intelligence Journal is performed by
the Artificial Intelligence Journal Division, AIJD, under a contract with
Elsevier BV, the company that publishes the Journal. It is in charge of the
acquisition, reception, selection, and evaluation of contributions to the AIJ,
supplies accepted contributions to Elsevier for publication.
In formal terms, AIJD is one of the two divisions of IJCAI, the other division being IJCAI's
organization for its biennial conferences. The inclusion of AIJ activities as a
division within IJCAI occurred in 2002. AIJD has the following committees and
The membership in each committee can be retrieved using
the menu on the left bar. The responsibilities and powers of these committees and
persons are defined in byelaws that can be obtained from the Secretariat.
- The Steering Committee which is in charge of major organizational
decisions, including those of an financial character.
- The two Editors-in-Chief, presently Anthony Cohn and Rina Dechter.
- The two Review Editors who are in charge of the acquisition and
evaluation of survey and tutorial articles as well as book reviews and similar
- The Associate Editors who assist the editors-in-chief in the
- The Editorial Board which represents the full and broad scientific
competence of the Journal.
- The Editorial Secretariat which performs administrative tasks in
the workflow of reviewing submitted articles and delivering accepted articles