Final Thesis - IDA, Technical faculty
Publication of the report
For the result of the thesis to become registered in LADOK, the report must be published. The publishing is done via Linköping Electronic Press (LiU E-Press).
Start by getting an overview of the publishing process at E-Press. Then, read the instructions below carefully.
1. Fill in the Publication-agreement form
The first thing that you must do is to fill in the form Publication Agreement. Hand in the filled-in form to your admininstrator.
2. Compile a pdf file containing the report and obligatory pages
The report that you publish must then include the following parts in one pdf file:
- title page (cover), i.e., IDA's cover for thesis reports; it is available for Framemaker and for Word. Note! Use the correct template for the cover! (LiTH or Arts & Sciences, depending on your background)
- front page; a template is available from IDA's template page
- the report itself (the manuscript)
- copyright information, containing the author's first and last name. There are two templates available for the copyright information (Word 97 and Framemaker) that you can edit. The page is also available as pdf.
Doublecheck that all fields in the templates for the titel page and front page, respectively, are correctly filled; that the isrn number, the title, the author(s), the supervisor, and the examiner are there.
Create a pdf file with the above contents. Make sure that the file is possible to open in a pdf reader. Also, print the pdf file and doublecheck that everything looks all right.
OBS: The current version of the IDA templates for Latex do not generate correct versions of the title page and the front page. Until the template has been corrected, the following approach is recommended for handling this problem:
- Create a correct title page and front page using the IDA Word-templates. Save these in PDF-format.
- Remove the corresponding pages from the Latex-report, and convert the report to PDF-format.
- Use a tool for merging PDF-files, and merge the PDF-files into a single PDF. There are several free programs for this available on the Web.
3. Send the pdf file to your administrator for approval
Before you upload the pdf file from step 2 to E-press, you must send it to your administrator for approval. When the file has been approved, you can continue with the next step (see below).
4. Upload the pdf file to LiU E-Press
Finally, to be able to upload the pdf file from step 2 above to LiU E-Press, you need the following information when you are going to log into E-Press:
- user name and password for your student account
- the ISRN number for your thesis report (e.g., LIU-IDA/LITH-EX-A--08/001--SE or LIU-IDA/LITH-EX-G--08/001--SE)
- the subject area of the report, which automatically follows from your ISRN number:
- LIU-IDA/LITH-EX-G--åå/xxx--SE, subject area "Datavetenskap vid LiTH 15 hp examensarbete, grundnivå" (in English: Computer and information science at the Institute of Technology at Linköping University, 15 hp)
- LIU-IDA/LITH-EX-A--åå/xxx--SE, subject area "Datavetenskap vid LiTH 15 och 30 hp examensarbeten avancerad nivå" (in English: Computer and information science at the Institute of Technology at Linköping University, 30 hp)
- LIU-IDA/FFK-UP-G--åå/xxx--SE, subject area "Datavetenskap vid FFK 15 hp uppsats, grundnivå" (in English: Computer and information science at the Faculty of Arts and Sciences at Linköping University, 15 hp)
- LIU-IDA/FFK-UP-A--åå/xxx--SE, subject area ¨Datavetenskap vid FFK 30 hp uppsats, avancerad nivå" (in English: Computer and information science at the Faculty of Arts and Sciences at Linköping University, 30 hp)
- LIU-IDA/KOGVET-G--åå/xxx--SE, subject area "Kognitionsvetenskapliga programmet 15 hp, grundnivå" (in English: Program in Cognitive Science, 15 hp)
- LIU-IDA/KOGVET-A--åå/xxx--SE, subject area "Kognitionsvetenskapliga programmet 30 hp, avancerad nivå" (in English: Program in Cognitive Science, 30 hp)
- LIU-IDA/STAT-G--åå/xxx--SE, subject area "Statistik- och dataanalys 15 hp uppsats, grundnivå" (in English: Program in Statistics and Data Analysis, 15 hp)
- LIU-IDA/STAT-A--åå/xxx--S, subject area "Statistik- och dataanalys 30 hp uppsats, avancerad nivå" (in English: Program in Statistics and Data Analysis, 30 hp)
When you have all of the above information at hand, then go to the Publishing Instructions at LiU E-Press and follow them. When you have finished you will get a page with a confirmation that the thesis has been transferred. Print out the confirmation.
After two--three days you will receive an e-mail with a confirmation that your thesis report has been published. If you do not receive this, please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can never change your report once it has been published. If you find any serious errata afterwards and you want to publish a new version, it is not sure that the editors at LiU E-Press will agree to this. The old version will always remain, which is the fundamental idea of publishing a thesis: Your report is included as a scientific publication in a publication series, and as such it must be assured that the report has not been modified afterwards.
Page responsible: Johan Åberg
Last updated: 2012-01-10