The Database and Web Information Systems Group
We conduct research on storage, management, search and integration of data. The work considers different application areas but one focus is the Life Sciences.
Keywords: Semantic Web, ontologies, standards, databases, machine learning, bioinformatics, biomedical informatics.
Currently, our research focuses on:
- ontology engineering (alignment and debugging)
- efficient data management for the Web
- learning graphical models of and dependencies in gene networks
Professor Patrick Lambrix
Professor Nahid Shahmehri
- Research in the group
- Publications by group members
- Group members
- Graduate courses given by the group
- Degree projects in the group
Page responsible: Patrick Lambrix
Last updated: 2012-02-20